By Ben
Baden wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:17:06 pm
Ben wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:13:00 pm
Jarrad wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:08:56 pm

zero! coins, schmoins, I used exactly as many as I needed :heart: also ben i am ESPECIALLY excited for after the game to talk to you >:)
!!!
Ben are you cheating on me? :broken:
He came on(to) me!!!

Ben

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Sharn
David wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:10:51 pm
Ben wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:04:00 pm I'm curious as to how many coins you each have now that we're at the end of the game.
I have 57 coins in my Bank of Stranded account. I would have had a bit less after F3, but I was the only person (I believe) who thought to bid on an advantage for the F3 live challenge. The hosts said there would be an advantage for every challenge remaining, but didn't announce a bidding period for this one since it was live. I bid anyways, which didn't end up impacting the outcome of the immunity.
I definitely bid my 43 coins on the advantage at F3. At that point, I needed to, but I knew you had more coins than me.
David, Michelle liked this

Sharn

• Jury
By Mat
@David Dave if you could go back would you have bought that last advantage or at least been more up front with me that you weren't. That was my blind spot and quite possibly lead to my elimination. Had we had that safety without power, different moves could have been made. Tactical error or strategic move? (I was under the impression from our talks that you were 100% going to get it, so my error there.)

Mat

• Jury
By David
Ben wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:12:29 pm
Ben wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:04:00 pm I'm curious as to how many coins you each have now that we're at the end of the game.
I have 57 coins in my Bank of Stranded account. I would have had a bit less after F3, but I was the only person (I believe) who thought to bid on an advantage for the F3 live challenge. The hosts said there would be an advantage for every challenge remaining, but didn't announce a bidding period for this one since it was live. I bid anyways, which didn't end up impacting the outcome of the immunity.
Yeah, I thought that was odd that the final immunity challenge advantage wasn't ever mentioned.

57 coins, eh? That's impressive I don't think I had that many coins through the entirety of my game.
At one point in the end game, Sharn convinced Daisy to send me 15 more coins to top me up, which put me at 75. I bid 15 of mine and 15 of hers since Daisy thought I had 15 I believe at that time. It ended up costing around 11, so it was a net gain.

It was a risk not to spend the coins earlier. For example, you had access to idols with your coins, which if I had could probably have given me more direct influence. It's a give and a take, but I feel like I found the right balance.

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
Sharn wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:18:38 pm
I definitely bid my 43 coins on the advantage at F3. At that point, I needed to, but I knew you had more coins than me.
That's my mistake, the hosts didn't take the coins from me for me to realize someone else had bid. So I would have 14 coins is my final answer, if the coins were taken away! Thank you for the clarification.

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
Mat wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:18:39 pm @David Dave if you could go back would you have bought that last advantage or at least been more up front with me that you weren't. That was my blind spot and quite possibly lead to my elimination. Had we had that safety without power, different moves could have been made. Tactical error or strategic move? (I was under the impression from our talks that you were 100% going to get it, so my error there.)
If I could go back I am about 95% sure that I would have bought it. I think I touched on this in my answer to Baden, but I feel like that was a misplay of mine. Both in not purchasing the advantage, and in being so adamant leading up to the deadline that I thought I would be able to. More of an error than anything else. I was able to recover, but not purchasing the advantage was not beneficial to my game.

A double negative there, but I think you get my drift.

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By Jarrad
Mat wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:12:30 pm Jarrad your answer to my Q, fantastic, scrappy and I loved it. So what the fuck is this weak shit? Your answer to Tegan RE: her vote out

"I had no idea you were even receiving any number of votes once tribal had started. It had been mentioned but I was confident it was going to be on Ben or Mat that night, and I was willing to do whatever I had to do to make it happen, but I was told from pretty much every person that I'd reached out to very shortly before votes were due, that it was going to be you. That night I hadn't even voted up until the very last minute of voting and so I think my avoidance of telling you the vote was on you was my own denial of it being real. I didn't want to tell you it because it's not how I imagined things going, and I felt hurt and betrayed in the same ways that you probably feel hurt and betrayed by my voting for you"

-Who betrayed you?
-If you were willing to do just about anything to save Tegan and you had some much info coming and going, why wait till right before votes are due to find out where votes are going?
To my understanding before tribal started, I was frantically trying to figure out what to do with Tegan. I'd heard a shit ton of things that could have been happening that night. I thought that Baden, Sharn, Daisy, Ben, were gonna be voting for you. I didn't necessarily want that to happen but was willing to do that for the sake of keeping Tegan in the game, but I did not know Tegan was receiving a majority of the votes until late into tribal council. I had sent tons of whispers to multiple people seeing if I should vote for you (namely to Michelle and Mat), or to vote for Ben, which I think had gotten thrown up at the end towards tribal starting as a name that Tegan had thrown out, because I think that Ben was wanting to go for her. So I thought that Baden, Sharn, Daisy, were going to vote for you. I was unclear of what David and you were wanting to do until in to tribal, and then it occurred to me that the votes to save Tegan weren't there. If I had known she was in that much danger earlier, I would have pushed harder probably to vote you or Baden out, since those were the two names that seemed like they were being considered at the beginning of that round. Looking back on it, I feel a bit betrayed by David in particular, because I think his connection with Ben was keeping heat off of Ben amongst our group. I also feel a bit betrayed by you in the same regard.

And you're acting like I waited until tribal council started to get a name thrown out. I spent the time before leaving work, drove home, still checking my phone as much as I could even on the way home trying to figure out what to do, and the 30 minutes before diligently trying to figure it out. I got misted on two fronts at the beginning of the round that led to a scramble. I'd heard Tegan was an option but I didn't think it was going to happen until it was too late. But I'd still protected myself no matter what, and this is also what led me to playing such a double sided game, because this really showed me that I was under the thumb of you guys, but I wanted it to remain I still was for as long as I could.

Jarrad

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By Baden
Okay legends, I've got a couple more questions.

Jarrad, one of the last heartfelt conversations we had before I got voted out was me breaking down the math at a theoretical level that gave you over 20,000 different permutations to get yourself from F9 to F3. Obviously the odds of getting that exact path are astronomically low, but what was that ideal path from the night we talked leading up to right here?

David, What would have been your ideal endgame plan if F4 was you, Jarrad, Kylie, and Mat? Most of us here saw Kylie and Mat as bigger threats than you, so I'm curious how you would've tackled them both so late in the game, especially if it was before you figured out it was F2 FTC.

And finally, a question for the hosting team: What were you guys thinking inviting me back? I hope I made you proud this time but wowee I was a wild card pick!
Mat liked this

Baden

• Jury
By Mat
If we were still operating under the assumption that you and I were kosher, then I say again, betrayed by who? Cause you and I both knew that Tegan played a role in the Kyle vote out. So which was it. We were still together or we werent we?

How could you feel betrayed by us when I/we told you it was Tegan, we were not deceptive, it was always Tegan or Ben, you didnt push either way. Chicken or Egg Jarrad?

Mat

• Jury
By Sharn
To defend Jarrad re Tegan, no one "on the other side" knew anything about taking Tegan out that round. I was scheming with all of Mat, Sarah and David, but I was very reticent at brining it up to Jarrad/Baden/Daisy/etc. 30 minutes before tribal, I finally put Mat's name out there, and everyone seemed lukewarm about it. I was happy with Mat leaving, but I wanted to make a move. I didn't strong arm the Tegan vote until literally 10 minutes before tribal council after chatting with Michelle and her seeming open to it.

I'm sure Sarah can remember the frantic message I sent her demanding her to start officially pushing Tegan's name. LOL That's when all hell broke loose.

Sharn

• Jury
By David
Tessa wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:28:02 pm Damn bois, they have you writing short novels. On a scale of 1-10 how badly do you require Sharn to massage your hands after all this typing this weeknd?
I think the only thing Sharn will want to massage of mine is maybe my throat with a chokehold.

Kind of like that image we were blessed with earlier this season!

Baden, Sharn, Tessa liked this

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By Baden
Ben wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:18:19 pm
Baden wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:17:06 pm
Ben wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:13:00 pm

!!!
Ben are you cheating on me? :broken:
He came on(to) me!!!
Look man if you wanted to make it a threesome you could've just asked!
David liked this

Baden

• Jury
By Michelle
Sharn wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:29:47 pm To defend Jarrad re Tegan, no one "on the other side" knew anything about taking Tegan out that round. I was scheming with all of Mat, Sarah and David, but I was very reticent at brining it up to Jarrad/Baden/Daisy/etc. 30 minutes before tribal, I finally put Mat's name out there, and everyone seemed lukewarm about it. I was happy with Mat leaving, but I wanted to make a move. I didn't strong arm the Tegan vote until literally 10 minutes before tribal council after chatting with Michelle and her seeming open to it.

I'm sure Sarah can remember the frantic message I sent her demanding her to start officially pushing Tegan's name. LOL That's when all hell broke loose.
that was a VERY last minute vote i hated every short second of it :rofl:
Sharn, David liked this

Michelle

• Jury
By Mat
David wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:23:52 pm
Mat wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:18:39 pm @David Dave if you could go back would you have bought that last advantage or at least been more up front with me that you weren't. That was my blind spot and quite possibly lead to my elimination. Had we had that safety without power, different moves could have been made. Tactical error or strategic move? (I was under the impression from our talks that you were 100% going to get it, so my error there.)
If I could go back I am about 95% sure that I would have bought it. I think I touched on this in my answer to Baden, but I feel like that was a misplay of mine. Both in not purchasing the advantage, and in being so adamant leading up to the deadline that I thought I would be able to. More of an error than anything else. I was able to recover, but not purchasing the advantage was not beneficial to my game.

A double negative there, but I think you get my drift.
I wasnt

You the man Dave, this shit it hard and no one does it perfectly. Good luck tonight
David liked this

Mat

• Jury