By Jarrad
Mat wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:29:10 pm If we were still operating under the assumption that you and I were kosher, then I say again, betrayed by who? Cause you and I both knew that Tegan played a role in the Kyle vote out. So which was it. We were still together or we werent we?

How could you feel betrayed by us when I/we told you it was Tegan, we were not deceptive, it was always Tegan or Ben, you didnt push either way. Chicken or Egg Jarrad?

I literally just looked up my messages with Tegan this round, haven't checked ours, but I specifically was under the assumption that David, Sarah, and you were wanting to vote for Baden towards the beginning of vote talk for that round. We operated under that assumption for a while - Tegan, Michelle, and I did. Tegan didn't want to do this and so Ben's name came up. It had been mentioned that Tegan might be looked at for the vote. David seemed to be close with Ben or wanting to be voting with him based on my own conversations with David that round, so I figured that Ben was wanting to go for the mystery box but I didn't realize the pull that held. And from what Sharn said, they WERE planning to go for you just as I was expecting. It all just fell apart at the end and got strong armed on to Tegan, which Sharn told me later on in the game she was responsible for, around the time you left.

So, like I already have told you, I betrayed you guys first, but I was playing selfishly in a way where I mean, I STILL felt betrayed by you guys, because I didn't think you guys knew how close I was with Tegan OR Michelle. I thought I was always perceived as operating under the way of me acting as a buffer for them, but that I was with you guys. So I was betraying you by working closely with Michelle and Tegan, but I thought you felt like you took precedence, and I did my best to have my actions in the game reflect that, including the Kylie vote. The reality was the opposite, which I own up to and accept, and in a lot of ways those plans backfired, but I still had the drive and know-how to navigate the rest of the game even when I'd been blindsided.

Jarrad

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
  • Awards: Posts
By David
Kylie wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:28:36 pm What's an embarrassing thing you both learned about yourselves this season?
That I'm a bit of a cunty debate boy.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't exactly say embarrassing, but I learned how much more impactful the emotional aspect of the game was for me. I've been someone who struggles to be completely vulnerable with people I trust in life, but I've gained some emotional intelligence as I have gotten a bit older. Younger me might have been more embarrassed to admit that the emotional impact of the game took a toll. But I feel like the experience has allowed me to take a step towards a healthier attitude. Maybe it's a baby step, maybe it's a giant leap for mankind. But I know it is positive progress. Sorry if that derailed the question a bit.
Baden liked this

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By Mat
Jarrad wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:36:42 pm
Mat wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:29:10 pm If we were still operating under the assumption that you and I were kosher, then I say again, betrayed by who? Cause you and I both knew that Tegan played a role in the Kyle vote out. So which was it. We were still together or we werent we?

How could you feel betrayed by us when I/we told you it was Tegan, we were not deceptive, it was always Tegan or Ben, you didnt push either way. Chicken or Egg Jarrad?

I literally just looked up my messages with Tegan this round, haven't checked ours, but I specifically was under the assumption that David, Sarah, and you were wanting to vote for Baden towards the beginning of vote talk for that round. We operated under that assumption for a while - Tegan, Michelle, and I did. Tegan didn't want to do this and so Ben's name came up. It had been mentioned that Tegan might be looked at for the vote. David seemed to be close with Ben or wanting to be voting with him based on my own conversations with David that round, so I figured that Ben was wanting to go for the mystery box but I didn't realize the pull that held. And from what Sharn said, they WERE planning to go for you just as I was expecting. It all just fell apart at the end and got strong armed on to Tegan, which Sharn told me later on in the game she was responsible for, around the time you left.

So, like I already have told you, I betrayed you guys first, but I was playing selfishly in a way where I mean, I STILL felt betrayed by you guys, because I didn't think you guys knew how close I was with Tegan OR Michelle. I thought I was always perceived as operating under the way of me acting as a buffer for them, but that I was with you guys. So I was betraying you by working closely with Michelle and Tegan, but I thought you felt like you took precedence, and I did my best to have my actions in the game reflect that, including the Kylie vote. The reality was the opposite, which I own up to and accept, and in a lot of ways those plans backfired, but I still had the drive and know-how to navigate the rest of the game even when I'd been blindsided.
Thanks bud. Good luck

Mat

• Jury
By Jarrad
Baden wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:29:01 pm Okay legends, I've got a couple more questions.

Jarrad, one of the last heartfelt conversations we had before I got voted out was me breaking down the math at a theoretical level that gave you over 20,000 different permutations to get yourself from F9 to F3. Obviously the odds of getting that exact path are astronomically low, but what was that ideal path from the night we talked leading up to right here?
So at the final 9, it was

Baden, Sharn, Daisy, Ben, Michelle, Sarah, Mat, Jarrad, David

If I had to list a boot order from my standpoint in the game at that point, it would have looked like:

Baden/Ben, Ben/Baden, Mat, Sharn, David, Sarah, with a final 3 of Michelle, Daisy, and me.
Baden liked this

Jarrad

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
Baden wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:29:01 pm Okay legends, I've got a couple more questions.

Jarrad, one of the last heartfelt conversations we had before I got voted out was me breaking down the math at a theoretical level that gave you over 20,000 different permutations to get yourself from F9 to F3. Obviously the odds of getting that exact path are astronomically low, but what was that ideal path from the night we talked leading up to right here?

David, What would have been your ideal endgame plan if F4 was you, Jarrad, Kylie, and Mat? Most of us here saw Kylie and Mat as bigger threats than you, so I'm curious how you would've tackled them both so late in the game, especially if it was before you figured out it was F2 FTC.

And finally, a question for the hosting team: What were you guys thinking inviting me back? I hope I made you proud this time but wowee I was a wild card pick!

I feel like if I had let myself get to a F4 with those 3, I would have made more mistakes than I did in this timeline. If I was in that scenario though, I think my best option would have been trying to take Mat and Jarrad to F3. I think it's unlikely for me to win in that scenario, but Kylie was so well liked, which would have probably cleaned up in the end. It's hard to fully speculate since the whole merge would have played differently in those circumstances. But I do think there is a lot of luck element involved in the F2 being a part of the season. Even in that difficult to win outcome you outlined, I think Jarrad and I would have been more likely to still win F4 and F3 immunity. So while the path would have been RADICALLY different, the F2 could very well have been the same. No matter what, I know I would have gotten blood on my hands.
Baden liked this

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By Jarrad
Kylie wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:28:36 pm What's an embarrassing thing you both learned about yourselves this season?
Good question - a little hard to answer. I don't know if I learned anything too embarrassing about myself, other than the fact that I relied a little too heavy on fart humor towards the middle of the game.

Jarrad

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By Kylie
David wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:37:51 pm
That I'm a bit of a cunty debate boy.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't exactly say embarrassing, but I learned how much more impactful the emotional aspect of the game was for me. I've been someone who struggles to be completely vulnerable with people I trust in life, but I've gained some emotional intelligence as I have gotten a bit older. Younger me might have been more embarrassed to admit that the emotional impact of the game took a toll. But I feel like the experience has allowed me to take a step towards a healthier attitude. Maybe it's a baby step, maybe it's a giant leap for mankind. But I know it is positive progress. Sorry if that derailed the question a bit.
You addressed my question perfectly. I too like to go deep with conversations, there's only so much talk of grandma's garden that anyone can stand, and you were the one I got deepest with. You showed a very vulnerable side of yourself and I was honored that you trusted me enough to do so. I trusted you completely as well, emotionally and in the game, and I was right to. Outside of this game, I'm sure you'll get there with many other players as well, given more time and less game pressure, and it sounds like you're already there with many.
David liked this

Kylie

• Jury
By Jarrad
I would also like to mention that I think I had a strategic leg up on making it a priority to target both Mat and Kylie before David did. Although I could have used either of them staying for even a round or two longer, I specifically took it upon myself to separate myself from that group which I don't think David can say he safely managed to do, so it's a good example of how I specifically used my own social game to break free from that and still end up in the finals, and hopefully win the game.
Tessa liked this

Jarrad

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By Kylie
Jarrad wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:44:47 pm
Good question - a little hard to answer. I don't know if I learned anything too embarrassing about myself, other than the fact that I relied a little too heavy on fart humor towards the middle of the game.
Ah, okay. Thank you.
Baden, Michelle liked this

Kylie

• Jury
By Jarrad
I don't want you to think I was dismissive of our personal relationship, though, Kylie. It was never established in a way where it was meant to emotionally manipulate you. You were one of my closest allies in this game for a long time, but I ultimately took the game in my own hands. Perhaps we didn't connect as deeply as you and David did, but I would like to think that we still did connect, and I definitely don't want that to go away or be tarnished by my game decision. In another life, we could have met in different circumstances in the game where that didn't feel like the best thing for me in the moment.

Jarrad

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
Jarrad wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:47:29 pm I would also like to mention that I think I had a strategic leg up on making it a priority to target both Mat and Kylie before David did. Although I could have used either of them staying for even a round or two longer, I specifically took it upon myself to separate myself from that group which I don't think David can say he safely managed to do, so it's a good example of how I specifically used my own social game to break free from that and still end up in the finals, and hopefully win the game.
You raise a valid point Jarrad. But I didn't have to burn our original group, which is something that you claim to be a major fault of my game; burning people. I find it a bit difficult to justify that "you targeted Kylie" when you weren't even a part of the group to vote for her. You tried to have your cake, and eat it too. You assumed me and Mat wouldn't realize, but it was completely transparent from the moment it happened.

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By Jarrad
David wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:51:10 pm You raise a valid point Jarrad. But I didn't have to burn our original group, which is something that you claim to be a major fault of my game; burning people. I find it a bit difficult to justify that "you targeted Kylie" when you weren't even a part of the group to vote for her. You tried to have your cake, and eat it too. You assumed me and Mat wouldn't realize, but it was completely transparent from the moment it happened.
I would have been willing to vote for Kylie if it was my vote that made the difference, but it didn't, and I did that intentionally, . Trying to have my cake and eat it too is a good way of putting it, but your reliance on them could have put you in a spot where you were subject to defending yourselves against either of them, and that was something I realized couldn't happen once we'd gotten a few votes into the merge. Whenever you decided to vote Tessa, you specifically took the chance to go against the grain, and upset many people still left in the game. Even if you were aware of it happening, none of you ever took at a swing at me, which only solidifies that I still did have social pull over both you and Mat. I was able to more subtly betray people and remain unscathed, where yours were much more public and risked tarnishing your name to a dangerous point. It's been fun, dude. <3 Just had to get my last two satoshis in

Jarrad

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By Jarrad
Tessa wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:53:34 pm Who were your least favorite people to talk to?

Nova's character shenanigans were a bit annoying to navigate but I do think she would have been good to get along with aside from that. Mark didn't seem to have much flavor either, yeah. And Kristie. It's like every time I would message her, she just ignored me.

Jarrad

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe