By Nico Pan
G'DAY MATES! your new crush Nico is here with some opening night confessional questions.

1- Stranded will have been running for 14 years as of this coming Saturday! Along the way we've seen some truly unhinged characters, master strategists, and plenty of worthy contenders. Heading into this season, everyone was informed of the alias allstars twist, and had time to prepare accordingly. Is there anyone in particular that you would expect to be here? Do you think people can alias well enough to hide that identity for the entire game?

2-Tell us about your tribe! Who are you clicking with so far? Do you think you'll be able to work within this specific group of personalities?

3- What has changed since the last time you played Stranded? Update us! Help the viewers get to know you!

4- How are you aliasing this season? Any specific information you're withholding from the other players to avoid being detected? Remember that there is one new player with knowledge of which stranded and isolated characters have returned for the season. How do you think this twist will factor into the game?

As always, feel free to use this confessional to update us with anything you feel is important! It's just you, the hosts, and some famous Australians allowed in here, so you can be as honest as you'd like. we can see all of your DMs anyways so it's not like you have anything to hide :kiss:

Nico Pan

• Host
By Simon
HELLAO! Happy t'be heah!

Wow, 14 years that's insane! Soon there's going to be people playing in Stranded that are younger than Stranded :shock: Or has that already happened?

I don't know anyone from Stranded really so there's no one that I'm expecting. It is kind of cool that there are people from all different eras of the series though. Being from Season 9, I haven't played in 12 years. I've played in other ORGs...but it's probably been about 10 years since I have actually played in anything. I actually reached out and asked to participate a while ago lol. So, I'm feeling very new. I do remember some things from Season 9, so I feel like I sort of know what to expect, but it's also been 12 years, we didn't have fancy technology like a chat system or challenges involving puzzles that actually move. I think we had to private message people but it worked sort of like an email, so these upgrades are much bettah.

The whole alias thing hasn't really factored in for me yet. I don't know anyone or their personalities so I can't really link them to any sort of past player. Like if someone came to me and was like "Susan is totally Jill from Season 34!" I'd probably be like "Omg yeah it's like so obvious!" But honestly I'd be being sarcastic and have no idea what they're talking about. So the whole alias thing is good and bad for me. I doubt anyone will be like "Simon is totally that guy from Season 9 who got 12th twelve years ago!"....like no one is going to guess that. So I don't think I have to hide or alter anything about myself so people won't figure me out. Honestly, if I get voted out and my identity is revealed, most people are going to be like "WHO!!??!?? What's a Mikey B?!"

But the bad part about the alias twist for me is that I won't be able to guess anyone correctly. I also fear that people will think that I'm the new player. I had to catch myself last night asking questions on how things worked. I just feel like if people figure out who the new player is...aren't they going to want to vote them out? Who is going to want this person to get this huge power? Therefore, I think it's better to pretend your well seasoned. Omg, so I guess I am altering stuff about myself, neato.

I know it's only Day 2, but so far the game has been going well. Everyone on my tribe is super nice...like kind of absurdly nice. We oddly talk about baked goods a lot though...

It's a little weird how friendly people are being. Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but everyone was a fucking asshole right away in Season 9. So, I'm a little distrustful of people's behaviours right now. But I like everyone. People are very easy to talk to. Especially Henry.

I'm not going to go into what I've been up to since Season 9 because no one really cares. But I am really happy to be here and get what feels like a whole new first experience. Yay.

Simon

• Loser
  • Awards: Posts
By Anders Ofvergard
Hej där! Nice to meet you! I’m Anders, and I’ll be one of your hosts this season!
We hope you are getting used to your mates this weekend. Just wanted to drop in and see how you are doing with building relationships during your free time! What do you think you are really good at when meeting new people and what’s something that you think you’ll struggle with when connecting with your tribe mates?

Anders Ofvergard

• Host
By Simon
Hi Anders!
Chatting/meeting everyone on the tribe so far has been nice. Everyone is super friendly and everyone can hold up a conversation. Sometimes I find myself getting bored with the small-talk though. Like, I don't know how interesting I'm coming across to people. I feel like I'm overly cheery, which I think could be a turn-off. But, I don't know. I have no inclinations as to whether people like me or not. No one has talked any game with me yet, but I haven't attempted to talk game with anyone yet either. Is it too soon? I feel like in Season 9 things were moving faster than what they are now. But, I mean, this tribe is much different than the one I was on in Season 9. No one is yelling at each other.

I guess I'll wait and see how this challenge goes and see if we have to go to Tribal Council or not. But no matter what I'm going to have to initiate or do something, I'm getting bored of asking how people's day is going.

Simon

• Loser
  • Awards: Posts