By Sharn
A thread in which I document all the twists in the game that I should periodically keep in mind... In one place so that I don't forget!

ID Quizzes
this season, every round, there will be a quiz. This quiz will ask you to correctly identify members of the game in exchange for StrandedCoin. The catch? If someone correctly IDs you on their quiz, it'll cost you coins.

Your identities will be revealed one by one after the player is voted out at Tribal Council.
Newbie Twist
I promised you a twist and I intend on delivering. I can now reveal that not all of you may be all-stars. Each round in the quiz where you can guess your tribemate's identities, you can also guess which person in the entire game you believe to be a newbie. If the newbie makes it to the merge, they will receive the biggest power in Stranded History and a distinct advantage against the rest of the players in the game. If a majority of players correctly guess the newbie in the quiz, the newbie will lose their power, and instead, it will go to one of the players that correctly guessed them.

Since identities will be revealed after every Tribal Council, you will know if the new player is still in the game.

One more thing, the new player will know every other player's true identity and has been given a full rundown of your history in Stranded and Isolated.

Sharn

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Sharn
Swap Power
On top of that, the person who performed the best in the Individual Immunity Challenge will receive a special power.

At any time between now and a predetermined time, they will be able to force an early swap to three tribes. They can do this at the time between Tribal Council and Challenges. If they choose not to use this power, the swap will happen as scheduled, and they will know ahead of time when it is coming.

Sharn

• Jury
By Sharn
How Coins Work
We have a few basic rules for the use and transfer of StrandedCoin

• Just like with sending messages, no screenshots. Feel free to talk about how rich or how poor you are – you can even go into specifics. But you may never send a screenshot to show other players your StrandedCoin or transfer history. Don’t test this.

• When a player is voted out, that player will distribute all of their remaining coins to any number of any remaining players. You don’t need to share a tribe. You can give 1 coin to 20 players, 20 coins to one, or any combination in between.

• During the game, you can transfer your StrandedCoin to any players on your current tribe only. Feel free to wheel and deal to your heart’s content. However, you might notice that the instructions for transfers specifically say a “donation”. If you transfer coins to another player, that transfer is final. So be careful, or you might find yourself conned.

To properly transfer your StrandedCoin to other players, hit the big coin icon in the top right of your screen, navigate to the "Transfer" tab and "find the member" you'd like to transfer coins to. You will also use this method to transfer coin to hosts in exchange for idol clues and possibly for other reasons. Please specify in the message which idol clue and tribe it is for.

Sharn

• Jury
By Sharn
WHISPERING
Lara Álvarez wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:52:43 pm The whispering element of Stranded was first implemented in Season 36: Victory and has become an integral part of Stranded Tribal Councils since.

While we shut off all communication behind the scenes, you are allowed to whisper to one another publicly during council. No one besides the person you whisper to will see your message. HOWEVER, everyone will see that you are whispering to someone (and who you are whispering to).

To operate the whisper system, we have a Whisper code in your posting screen. You should notice the "Whisper To" dropdown menu above your posts.

When you click the dropdown, you can select the person you want to whisper to. Your textbox will then show the code needed to whisper to them. (Warning: using this dropdown menu erases anything that was previously in the textbox). Simply type your hidden message in between the whisper brackets where there is a space left for you. You can see where I've typed "this is a hidden message" below:

A successful whisper will be visible to you after you post it:

However, it will remain hidden to others:

Whisper to Anders Ofvergard: {{This message has been hidden}}

An unsuccessful whisper will be due to an error in your code. Be sure that your message goes IN BETWEEN your bracket sets. Otherwise, everyone will see your message:

Whisper to Juuso Makilahde: [we should blindside Nico! whisper=3194|8,13,11] [/whisper]

Feel free to practice whispering to each other in your tribe camps to familiarize yourself with the system. Also use the "preview" system before posting to make sure everything looks right.
This is fucking intense. I would be the one to accidentally reveal myself to the entire tribe. I don't understand but I should probably practice...

Sharn

• Jury