By Nico Pan
G'DAY MATES! your new crush Nico is here with some opening night confessional questions.

1- Stranded will have been running for 14 years as of this coming Saturday! Along the way we've seen some truly unhinged characters, master strategists, and plenty of worthy contenders. Heading into this season, everyone was informed of the alias allstars twist, and had time to prepare accordingly. Is there anyone in particular that you would expect to be here? Do you think people can alias well enough to hide that identity for the entire game?

2-Tell us about your tribe! Who are you clicking with so far? Do you think you'll be able to work within this specific group of personalities?

3- What has changed since the last time you played Stranded? Update us! Help the viewers get to know you!

4- How are you aliasing this season? Any specific information you're withholding from the other players to avoid being detected? Remember that there is one new player with knowledge of which stranded and isolated characters have returned for the season. How do you think this twist will factor into the game?

As always, feel free to use this confessional to update us with anything you feel is important! It's just you, the hosts, and some famous Australians allowed in here, so you can be as honest as you'd like. we can see all of your DMs anyways so it's not like you have anything to hide :kiss:

Nico Pan

• Host
By Sharn
I'll be quite honest with ya. I don't really keep up with many of the Stranded Alumni which definitely puts me at a disadvantage? Or perhaps it's actually an advantage?! I don't have any preconceived notions about others that will instill a greater sense of paranoia than necessary. I'm just here meeting people and hoping I can create bonds that will take me through the game.

That being said, I AM worried about people trying to guess my ID. For one, for those who know me, I'm pretty notorious. Not very nice. Kind of a control freak and really vengeful too. I'm not sure if that represents how I'm going to play the game moving forward, and I hope people give me a chance to prove otherwise. This brings me to the twist with the newbie. Considering my age, there's a chance they won't know anything about me, but I'm sure they were educated on my history and will be wary... Not a twist that helps me out, but I'm also positive that I'm not the only threat in this game. In fact, if they're smart, they'll know that I've never won a game before, so I can't be that much of a threat compared to others, right?!

So far, I'm clicking with Casey the most. I like her. I think she's a little paranoid because she was late, but I haven't actually spoken much with anyone else. I don't think she has anything to worry about, but I am a bit fearful of her over-correcting and trying to align with anyone who will give her a bone. Outside of Casey, I've spoke with Nova. She is obviously playing a schtick, which I find uncomfortable at best. I forgot that this is a popular way of interacting with others. It's a challenge suspending disbelief and playing along with her, but I'm doing my best. I really only need two strong connections to make it through the first few rounds, and I hope my bond with both Casey and hopefully another will usher me through.

A lot has changed since my last stint in Stranded! I'm still managing restaurants for a living which makes up the bulk of my income. However, I've since started planning to become a fulltime content creator, focusing on Twitch living streaming, youtube and blogging. Most of my free time is working on my online business, and I'm surprised to have already seen monetary success with sponsorships and a small but attentive audience. I've discovered that micro-influencers are a well sought-after market for brands. Our rate of engagement is much higher and consumers tend to trust us much more. So I'm reaping the benefits of that.

In terms of genre, I live-stream video games on twitch like Dead By Daylight, Super Smash Brothers and Spellbreak. For blogging, I do more lifestlye content and product reviews. And on youtube, I'm a skincare commentary channel. The internet's investigative reporter for the skincare community!

In terms of my personal life, I've been in a successful partnership for about 6 years, and we are going strong. I live a pretty mundane life. I feel like a boring upper middle class white woman on most days. I am excited to be saving up money for a second house in Miami Beach, Florida though. Will that finally bump me up to upper class then???

Obviously, I'm not going to be talking about my occupations at all. I think in the past, people have known that I manage restaurants for a living, so I don't want that to be out there. And obviously, there's no way I can talk about my online business with being a micro influencer. I'm just going to be vague when it comes to my work and instead let my personality shine. I'm just hoping that the newbie doesn't hold any of my very old past behavior against me.

Sharn

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Sharn
Arturo Islas wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:49:37 pm So excited to have you back!
Thank you!!!

Just a note that Nova revealed having the power to cause an early swap. I'm glad she's telling me. I wonder who else she'll tell. I will have to keep the information to myself for now until I really develop a sense of who I can trust. I guess the next question I should ask Nova is when the switch is scheduled. She'd basically be forced to tell me the truth. Otherwise, that'd be a pretty unnecessary lie on her part.

Sharn

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Anders Ofvergard
Hej där! Nice to meet you! I’m Anders, and I’ll be one of your hosts this season!
We hope you are getting used to your mates this weekend. Just wanted to drop in and see how you are doing with building relationships during your free time! What do you think you are really good at when meeting new people and what’s something that you think you’ll struggle with when connecting with your tribe mates?

Anders Ofvergard

• Host