-- 13th Place - 1st Juror - Voted Out 9-2-1-1 --
By Anders Ofvergard
Hej mates! What a fun night huh? Time for some questions

1 - So, the force swap power got used. What’s your thought on the swap? Who do you think used it?

2 - Do you feel like you’re in trouble with your tribe or do you feel you’re in a good spot? Anybody, you’re happy to be back with, anyone you’re not happy to be back with?

3 - Is there talk of anyone having an idol? Are you still trying to hunt for it?

As always, you may submit guesses for the aliases of your tribemates (your current ones only), and the new player to gain coins! Due date at challenge results time, per usual.

Anders Ofvergard

• Host
By Nova
Hej mates! What a fun night huh? Time for some questions

1 - So, the force swap power got used. What’s your thought on the swap? Who do you think used it?

Sharn admitted to me that she was the one to use it, which I thought was quite nice of her. I really like Sharn, and I was glad that we were able to take this chance to reconnect. She seems like she was completely on the outs with her last group, so I see this as a good opportunity to bring her back into the fold and start working together in a material way. I'd like to keep her safe, because I think she'll be loyal to me in a way that other people might not.

2 - Do you feel like you’re in trouble with your tribe or do you feel you’re in a good spot? Anybody, you’re happy to be back with, anyone you’re not happy to be back with?

When I found out that we were swapping, the ONE thing I said to people was, "I hope that I don't wind up with Mark again," and then SURE ENOUGH, who winds up on my beach, but mister Marky Mark himself? My heart just kind of sank immediately, because I had deliberately been kind of a jerk to Mark on his way out last time. Naturally, I thought Mark and I would awkwardly talk, try and patch things up, and I'd do some damage control, but... Mark proceeded to tell everybody that he was totally cool about being voted out and had no hard feelings, so I figured, why not just let that be what it is? Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that the flipside of "Mark makes zero effort to talk to me" is "I make zero effort to talk to Mark," and I'm no hypocrite. I fully understand that ignoring him is bad social gameplay. But at this point the relationship between us is so ridiculous that talking to him would only ruin it. I love that we're two people who just cannot be arsed to speak to each other, and that we live completely separate lives. It's beautiful.

It's interesting to be back with Jericho, because he's someone that I was fully planning on ditching back on Arumbera. He's definitely a bit sneaky and snakey, and I don't trust him for beans. He was the second-highest ranked on his team, so that tells me that he was making inroads there and definitely would have loyalties to them over me, so I want to make sure that I'm not dependent on him for anything.

Tessa and I got along great during the last swap, and she's someone that I think I can really work well with. I trusted her enough to target her tribemate Mark, and she trusted me enough to go along with it, so I think there's a great relationship there.

Ben is someone I'm meeting for the first time. I love his energy, and I really hope that we can connect well in the days ahead.

3 - Is there talk of anyone having an idol? Are you still trying to hunt for it?

I couldn't care less about idols at this point. Having seen the clues, I know that there's no way to get it without about fifteen coins' worth of intel, and I'm too poor to afford that. There is some worry that Mark might be holding on to one, but I really doubt it. Mark can't be arsed to socialize, he can't be arsed to talk to people unless it's during challenges, but they expect him to spend hours and hours researching obscure Australian explorers? No way.

4 - Nova, you're doing that thing where you invent your own question again. Is it because you didn't write confessionals about Mark enough while the whole thing was actually happening?

Yes.

I kind of love that I had so much fun voting Mark out the first time that I got to do it again. The exact same scenario, beat for beat, with Mark watching me tear it up in the immunity challenge, Mark refusing to talk to me, us losing a challenge because Mark's challenge strength didn't actually mean anything in team capacity, Mark hilariously saying that we should keep him to keep the tribe strong before targeting the tribe's other strongest player, and then going home unanimously, with me flipping him him off with a sarcastic comment as he leaves. The whole saga was so weird and hilarious, and I will treasure it always. Bless you for being such a weird icon, Mark, and I mean that completely unironically.

Nova

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts