--6th Place - 8th Juror - Voted Out 4-1 --
By Mat
My thoughts on this cast per their Lost character: ****So many spoilers****

Nova– When I first thought of doing this, I thought Nova was the easiest person to comp to a Lost character, it took almost zero thought to figure out. Yep, Mr. Eko. For so many reasons these two are the same person. A total force on the season from start to end. Mysterious as fuck origin story. Cut down in their prime and taken away just when the audience was loving her. I don’t know what happened to Nova, maybe she hated the Australian Outback and much as Mr. Eko hated Hawaii and like Eko, Nova left the season so a new character/characters could take center stage (Ben).
Spoiler: show
Tessa - Tessa – Very well liked. Went down in one of the few split votes we have had this season. I would like to of been able to continue working with her, but we were trying to pull of the worlds most boring Pagon’ing at the time and she was next to go cause she was so well connected. This one is tough, my instincts go to Libby as Tessa was so well liked, but Libby was just there for Hurley, so I don’t think it works. I didn’t see her as a sidekick, so Boone is out and so is Shannon, cause not so well liked. Tessa is a tough one because I don’t know all that much about where her plans really stood, what she was up to and what her final run would have looked like. She might not have been driving the car, but she would be in it. She went out early and for a reason, to save my beach tribe while Jack and the fanatics are living in caves. Tessa, your sacrifice warned me that Tegan was playing her own game, that danger lie ahead and that the people I thought I could trust, well some of them might be Whitmore’s men. Tessa you are the hero of S3.
Kylie - I had to put the Lost score on for this one. What a fucking gem and firecracker. Did she always make the best decisions? Fuck and no. Did she play her absolute ass off, show extreme loyalty and just an all-around good time? Without a doubt. What a super fun stressful aggravating exhausting and stellar player this one is. Might need to learn how to read a room better, but meh, who am I to judge. Kylie met a controversial and tragic end. And while this character did not, well it was controversial, but it was not the ending her deserved. Luckily his zombie ass came back and started do bad guy shit and really carried the acting in the final season. Kylie who found the idol in 1 clue. Kylie who sacrificed herself for her team, had faith in all of us and really seemed to be in her element in middle Australia. Rumor has it Kylie took a wheelchair on the flight over and mysteriously began walking when Oceanic 814 landed in Alice Springs and dont ever try to tell her what she can or can't do. Yep, this All-Star is non other than show All-Star. Clearly had two sides to her.
Tegan - I knew getting Tegan out was going to be hard even at full strength, which I was not last night. Down in numbers and trust, but tons of friends or fake friends up until 10 minutes before tribal really no clue who the vote was, who was coming with me and what was actually happening. I put in the work, but could not get the commitments to join me on a Tegan boot, so what do you do? Act as if you have the votes and that and most likely a ton of help from my real friends, we got it done and booted the Mad Queen. She’s not Sersi or evil or anything like that, but she had a short reign on top, never talked real game, spoke like “I don’t see myself voting for you.” Yeah Tegan, I notice non-committal shit like that and you going is great for me. I don’t think one time did you just outright saw what you were doing, always a way out, always able to wiggle into an excuse to cover your tracks. We were aligned, but I never felt the trust and after the Kylie bamboozle, it was clear to never trust you again (get to you later Michelle/Daisy). So that is my time on Tegan you’ve been a great audience!!! Tegan I am going to give a so-so character not cause she sucked, she was great at this, but more cause she didn’t add much to the battle/struggle imo. Most of you will not like this one, but I am giving Tegan…Claire. Claire had her moments and did some stuff, I would have to Wikipedia what those things were. Tegan was the star of the show for a while there and I think that is what ABC did with Lost and then realized nah, we need to focus on other characters which is what the tribe did last night. Somebody quick name your favorite Claire scene.....?
Trust Rank for the remaining players

Baden - The man single handedly desperate to keep the game interesting, so you gotta love and respect him for that. He is a hustler and goes after what he wants. Loved that he voted himself running and winning the game. So fucking on brand you could box it up and sell it for breakfast. This nice thing about him is his predictability to act in his own self-interest. He is not a villain, yet, although I think he wants desperately to be one. We have spoken the least and both put each other as people we don’t ever want to talk to again, so this one is tougher for me and I bet I wont do the man justice. I can’t imagine the novels he is penning from his cell phone in the back-storage room of the place he works. I am picturing a high end store in the mall, am I close? Depending on what side you are on Baden is super likeable to just the worst. I think hes fun and although we would never be IRL friends, hes fun to have around. Well you know who else would have been fun to have around on the island, was meh character and not that well liked by the fellow Lost crew. Super easy on the eyes, hell true story my future bro in law was hit on her while filming S1 as his mom did the hair for Claire and XXX !! I hope this one is good enough for Baden cause he is a great character and she really really was not, but the sharp tongue, self-obsession, maybe even a redemption arc coming??? I think this is a good comparison on their architype more than character to character. Hey and lets home it ends the same for both of them. Does anyone know Ana Lucia’s phone number? I’d like to kill Daisy’s BFF out of this game.
Sharn - This is neck and neck with Ben as I don’t trust either of them at all, but Sharn is sneakier and better at this, so I trust her less, prob more than Baden even cause I trust him to lie to me, with Sharn it’s a never ending game of what is true (Sharn when you read this I think all non-game stuff has been true and I appreciate all our talks, but in game I have no clue. You are really really good). I think this one is pretty easy too. I think Sharn is such a smart strategic player and adept liar that I have to give her one of my all-time favorite TV villains. Sharn is not a villain in the game but simply a villain to me, so while unfair, at least she is getting one of the most badass characters on the show, so fucking badass that a time travelling Syed shot the kid version of him (Do they ever address that adult version would of recognized Syed as the man that fucking shot him as a 10 year old??). Sharn I give you Henry Gale, Dean Moriarty, the man that killed poor John Locke. As lurkers, if you are following a Sharn chat, do you all even know when she is lying or telling the truth, cause I sure as fuck don’t.
Part II dropping after Donda

Mat

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Mat
Part II

Ben - I don’t even know what to say about this guy. Hes a beast, comes in and dominates a challenge, makes a potty joke and disappears. Repeat. Am I the only one that hates his posts? He is much easier to chat with than I am giving him credit for, as I want everyone to agree with me that he sucks at everything but the challenges, but that really isn’t true…im just pushing it hard. I did not have to think much about this comp. Like I said earlier he is a force and so much better at challenges that I am. I actually found some footage of him on Lost with someone else on this list. Looks like a fun meeting, Ben is such a talker
Daisy - If you can, please please send me footage of when she finds out my ID. After Rematch, holy shit she is gonna lose her mind, if she is indeed Hope, but all signs say she clearly is. This one is tricky as well as Daisy is a wild child that does what she wants, when she wants it. I can count on her for chaos and to lookout for what she is feeling at that exact moment in time. Why I spent a majority of the last 36 hours getting back in her good graces and looked what happened, she protected me when I was exposed. So much so that I am going to work that angle and let her be my savior up until I vote her out. I can use her betraying first as the reason, but her and I would not be good at the end. She would have too many votes wrapped up because I am more disliked, and a good portion of the jury would be locked in for her. Who is her lost comp…hmm, I would say something like Desmond, living in both worlds, but that is an insult to Desmond. I think I have a good comp though and its S1-3 based. Flip flop, flip flop that is the beat of Daisy and this often liked and unliked character. I wonder if the writers knew how stupid that plotline was btw, one of the bad ones while the show was in its prime.
-Its Duo time as I thought I was all this girl had, but the more and more I learn and think and hear, I think I am the runner up for both of their game affection. At one point I was his #1 and her #?? But I think they are counting on each other and talking in private how to use me and cut me when the time comes. (I have not done this yet in this message, but oh so much of this could be wrong, just my best guesses. So Im either gonna look for a good couple or duo comparison, but while I do that, why did everyone hate the Nicki/Paulo episode so much? I thought it was a fun little sidetrack, but I seem to be in the minority.

For Jarrad - to me our game together is the reverse of this character, we bonded early and now he has become more distant and mysterious. When this person was added to the show you didn’t know anything about them, what their intentions were, or much of anything and that is how I feel about Jarrad at this moment. At the end of the show this was one of your all time favorite non main characters and I couda seen a buddy cop spinoff. That is how I felt with Jarrad up until the Kylie vote and the more and more I am learning hearing I am confident that he knew Kylie was going and was ok with it, had 2 plans, one with us and a team without us. I really wanted to do Hurley Libby here but it just doesn’t work so the first character here is:
*Or in the back? Also, I think Jarrad would like to be able to communicate with the dead and losing Tegan seemed to be a big hit to him. I noticed that Tegan liked all her goodbyes but Baden/Jarrad, they must of betrayed her something fierce to remain hidden.

For Michelle - Im gonna stretch to make this work cause this character needs to be included and as I did Jarrad/Michelle together, this is a good fit to me. Michelle is an absolute blast to talk to and so much so that I think I was blind to the fact that I don’t really matter to her, it’s a game. Thank god I was able to learn that lesson before she took me out. She plays paralyzed by fear and does not seem to make many decisions, but I think there is much more too her than that and I think a much better player than “aww shucks, what should we do?” Her Lost comp for the sake of this exercise is such a great character that everyone loves including me, cause that is how I feel about Michelle, shes great, but I wont be blinded by the charm again. Her comp is quite the “lucky” person. And she has had luck in challenges, Tegan guessing wrong on the 50% numbers game, almost winning touchy due to a scoring error. I am sure all of you watching like her. Shes a main character, but not the main character. Loves to tell a joke to ease the tension. I give you…
Ride or Dies

Sarah - Sarah has been such an ally this game I feel bad David exists simply because she deserves my loyalty from start to finish, but she was not there at the start Dave was. Well who was the ride or dies in lost? Richard, but not really by choice. Ben, but I used him and the comp is not great. Locke – used already. I think for Sarah I am going to go with a character that fits my POV of them in this game. Sarah is almost willing to do whatever it takes to go further in this game and would be so conflicted if she had to pick herself over a close ally. As she was last night with that idol. She interrogated Daisy before and after the Kylie boot and was part of the reason I think Daisy changed her vote. Sarah is willing to get her hands dirty to get the job done, even if it is unpopular. She is as loyal as they come and hold her allies in high regard. If I was the Man in Black at the end of the show, she is my XXX for sure. Send her out on recon, kill some bad guys, get the job done. And in the end, I bet she would jump on a grenade (not banking on it though).
Dave - Now my loyal ass would have this spot reserved for Kylie cause of all that she did for me and our bond, even if she made this game harder for me, but after the move was made on our attempted pagonging and they took her out instead of me (I think part of my hours of chatting Tegan/Dasiy/Michelle) and that Kylie really was the Alpha at that point. Imagine if everyone knew she gave me the idol I played, bigger target on both of us. But this guy man. This freaking guy is a dude of the highest degree and I am guessing Dony/Donathan? If its Davie (New England based I think), I might retire forever.
Dave and I bonded just like the rest of the Impana’s but that one night we continue to mention up late counting and then the Simon vote moved Dave up a notch and he just keeps on climbing. Separated by the first swap, Dave started liking and unliking my posts and I figured this was a way to communicate that we were still tight. Genius and I reciprocated, but you never really know. All the times ive played this your swap tribe or last tribe is where the true loyalties lie. Certainly not with the dude you did one vote with, but he seemed to be genuine. Two swaps later and we are still never together. I thought Jericho threw a challenge just to take this man out, but he survived (that one tribal they went to, kinda the benefit to my tribe losing everything is Dave did not get taken out. So I have stayed up late strategizing, agonizing...winning and losing with Dave. He took my flub in the counting challenge like a lifelong friend and even praised me for not quitting. I am giving Dave quite possibly the best character in the show as that is how important he has been to me in this game. He “constant”ly has shown himself to be invaluable and on Lost this dude in the same. Found in a hole, kinda like Dave at the merge, but tons of lets get this shit done and really has been a protector. I guess that makes me Penny
Holy shit a talking snowman
How long are we gonna do this Dave?
Rebel Wilson liked this

Mat

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts