-- 11th Place - 3rd Juror - Voted Out 6-5 --
By Kylie
TL;DR: The resolution of the idol dilemma had a long, agonizing lead and an abrupt, initially bad Kylie outcome, but I think we're all miraculously closer together now.

I'm glad that my giving the idol to him helped Mat not stress, he would have wanted to have the idol, he told me if he'd been Tegan during the Casey TC and had had an idol, he'd have played it, no question. He knew his name was out there. He said today he was worried and wished he had protection. He probably knew I had it. I know he was appreciative of getting it, he said it made him feel better. So that's awesome.

After what I'm sure was initial shock, both Mat and David are back to their lighthearted and fun on Mat's side, and complicated and interesting on David's. I think Jarrad might be distracted by his advantage or just not that fluffed about it, he's already sharing his advantage with all of us. These three are literally the best. I'll fight anyone that tries to tell me otherwise.

Unfort, it didn't save Mat from anything, but that's okay, it made him feel better. He doesn't have my back quite like David does, I'm a we more than an us to him still, but maybe that's okay. Part of me wonders if Mat and David are as close as David and I are and part of me doesn't care, so long as it keeps the bananas together and gives me protection. Their bonds with each other are just as important as mine with each of them.

David is a complicated guy. I'm probably pushing him too much, but only because I'm interested in getting to know him. I will respect whatever he wishes to tell me about whatever his concerns are.

My banana togetherness pitch was sung to the rafters tonight. Pretty sure I heard a guy a few streets over telling me to STFU.

Mat's right in that I didn't lie to any of them about the idol directly, but none of them asked me either. He might be reconstructing history in this way to protect me, but I think the real reason they didn't ask me is because they knew I had it and they chose not to discuss it with me. At least that's a strong possibility, I don't know for sure it's the reason. He said they'd all openly asked each other if they had it. If that's the reason, it's on me, but I didn't know they were watching my forum movements yet.

To guess David's identity, I need to look for players that have had huge changes in their lives since playing, or were really devious players. Maybe got kicked off the server or some negative social repercussion of their game? Or something major could have happened to them IRL that changed their perspectives.

I just don't have the depth of understanding of all the Stranded players to know who he could be, but I'll keep listening to the podcasts and watching old seasons to try to piece it together. It would sort of make sense if it was someone trying to change their reputation on the server, but I sense its something way deeper than just that. I need to find out who he is to have some idea how best to approach him. I feel he's the most complicated relationship I have, but also the closest.

I'm leaning way against him being Michael or Dean now, he's just not that BIG of a personality and I don't think either of them would have much interest in or be able to contain it this long. Jarrad is younger and trusting. Mat is late 20s maybe, trusting but cautious. I don't think either of them are Michael or Dean either.

At the end of the game, every single banana wants to win. But at what cost for each of them? I will be interested to find out.

I broached the topic of how to deal with side alliances THE SECOND Mat brought one up to me - a foursome with Baden and Tegan, which sounds good. I immediately asked every banana for their alliance disclosure expectations. David immediately got defensive, then spilled the Nova alliance. He's sooo careful about that, even after we have been nothing but encouraging of him to start an alliance with the "other" side. Jarrad was like, yeah, sure, tell everyone everything! Mat accepted the idea right off the bat too.

My challenge win today didn't help my overall threat level either. It did POSSIBLY open a door to Nova though, and seemingly self-proclaimed floater Sharn. That was a hilarious convo, Sharn getting in my car. it's so funny how people choose to play and how something I'd never dream of saying in-game does them no harm whatever, hahah. Sarah shared that Sharn said I talked too much or something. Excellent that Sarah told me and now I'll tone it down around her. Possibly not my favorite, but things with Sarah are excellent.

So, the idol saga ends, at least this one. I lost some trust from my crew. I built it back, we'll see by how much as days go on. They're my people.

Sarah, Michelle and Daisy, possibly Tegan, who the heck knows?? are pretty tight still. The other side doesn't seem to have much power at this point, which will probably help. If David gets in with Nova, he'll have most of the intel from that side, I suspect. I'm most interested in knowing who are 7 are talking to. Baden is a lovely funny faucet that Mat likes too and Sharn is a passenger. Ben is probably next to go, he has no support and no backups. If he's an idol hunter, I bet he's been looking. If things get close, he might try to swing.

Kylie

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts