-- 11th Place - 3rd Juror - Voted Out 6-5 --
By Nico Pan
Hi it's me again! now you can enjoy my smolder as often as you'd like.

What's the John Dory** Mates?

1-Tell us about the challenge tonight.How did your team perform? Were there any weak links? anyone on the other tribes standing out to you?

2-How about your tribe? Is anyone on the outs? or are you practicing mateship and singing songs around the proverbial campfire?

3- Have you been watching your coin balance? Any chance that someone has identified you correctly? Have you identified anyone else?

Spoiler: show
for those of you unfamiliar with Australian slang, this means what's the story. spill the tea. what's the goss, etc.

Nico Pan

• Host
By Kylie
So the guys are watching the Bucks hopefully win (it's tied in Q3!!), then we'll practice. I still can't believe they didn't vote my ass out last round. I sucked in that comp.

I should take up watching basketball again. Maybe next year. Maybe not.

I'll watch when the SuperSonics come back.

All these rich dudes around here and no one has spare change for a basketball team?? I'm living in crazy land. $220 million to build a decent place to play, which they could have used year-round for other things and probably named after themselves, but it was too much. Bezos has that in his mad-money fund. Gates' dollars might be a bit tied up atm.

I can't complain about the SuperSonics though here though, as they haven't played since 2008, I believe. At the age (which no one has asked about ofc) that I'm playing Kylie as, mid-30s, I'd have to have been close to 20 to see them play in person; not super believable and anyway would give my location away. If Tommy's in here, he probably knows where Susie's from.

It's not safe to be a SuperSonic fan in here. :grief:

Kylie

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Kylie
I will answer the questions tomorrow.

I am convinced that there's a faster way to do this challenge, but I'm not sure if it's possible without developing an app. I don't know how to do that, so I asked my Reddit friends for help. If they find me what I'm looking for, I shall let y'all know.

Meanwhile, the guys are slaying the challenge. I think I'd do ok but there's lag, and if we lose I'm in deep shit as a poor competitor. I'm trying to be helpful by solving a basic task problem, duplication of efforts, since I'm not the fastest.

Kylie is in trouble!

Kylie

• Jury
By Kylie
Thank you for your DM Nico, it's nice to have so many options. I'd like to choose Bachelor #2, as I also enjoy long walks on the beach and feeling the wind in my hair.

1-Tell us about the challenge tonight.How did your team perform? Were there any weak links? anyone on the other tribes standing out to you?

We did pretty bad, I was surprised. I was the weakest link, pretty sure.

My relationships with Jarrad, Mat and David really saved my skin at tribal. Crazy to think that four experienced players saved me instead of someone better at challenges this early in the game, but I’ll take it! It’s possible they’re thinking I’m good goat material and would be pleasant to play the game with. I also think they’re completely buying my undying loyalty, or at least Mat and David are, which is lovely.

No one on the other tribes stands out atm. I’m not making any public comments to keep a low profile among the other tribes.

2-How about your tribe? Is anyone on the outs? or are you practicing mateship and singing songs around the proverbial campfire?

If anyone is, I’m the one on the outs. We practiced for hours. I did so poorly in challenge practice last night that they went ahead and did it without me after I went to bed. I’m sure it was a poor choice to go to bed, but I do have a business to run and I wasn’t doing as well practicing the challenge as they were anyway. If we win, I’ll be delighted, of course, but this does show how irrelevant I was.

My Reddit search for a more elegant challenge solution is pointless now, but Reddit didn’t really come through for me this time anyway.

MAT really came though for me though, holy smokes! He told me Simon wanted to put a vote on me, swears undying loyalty and just shared the second idol clue with me after finding out I didn’t buy it (so sorry for going through this idol hunt charade with you dear Mat! If it’s any consolation, it is way more work pretending to search for the idol than actually finding it in the first place. Sorry, that’s probably not very much consolation.)

Mat’s either my closest, most loyal ally, or my most devious new friend and I need more time to feel comfy telling him I have the idol. He’s made some strategic errors, but nothing of much consequence, so I’m not sure if he’s a devious mastermind or not. My instinct says no.

David told Mat that he’d heard his name as a vote option, which ofc was from me telling him, so I know David and Mat are super close too. Until I know which way Mat’s heart truly lies, I can’t risk telling him about the idol. I don’t think I’m David’s closest person, but I do think he thinks he’s mine.

This leaves Jarrad as third on my list at this point. As strong as the two of us are, I just don’t have the spoken connection with him that I do with the other two. And I think I’ve made the most social errors with Jarrad, forgetting his pets, asking him questions more than once. I’ve started copying chat and studying it, so I remember the high points. I wish group chat’s history was retained; it would sure help.

3- Have you been watching your coin balance? Any chance that someone has identified you correctly? Have you identified anyone else?

I’m 99% sure that I guessed David as Matt from Iso correctly. I’ll be shocked at the mastermind level of gameplay needed to so effectively mimic Matt that I believed it was him. And my coin balance didn’t change, so it’s possible that Mat, Jarrad or David guessed me. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was David, as he’s so active on the server and seems to have endless energy to do the research it would take to guess who I was. Funny if he and I both guessed each other so early.

Mat says he’s not guessing who’s who on our tribe?? That doesn’t make much sense, why not try? Not sure what to make of that, unless it was he who guessed I was me and this is his way of hiding that fact, which means I probably know who he is… hmmmmmm. I hope he’s not playing me. I can see him possibly just saying all the right things for strategic reasons. I hope not, Mat’s a sweetie.

Simon sent me two coins as a lovely parting gift. Thank you Simon! I told Mat this, but Mat says he didn’t get any coins. Simon was the one who asked Mat about putting a vote on me in case David (who he thought we were voting for) had the idol, so I thought for sure he’d get some coins. I wonder who got Simon’s other two coins. He doled them out one by one, so maybe David and Jarrad each got one and I got two, which would be a bit of a dig at Mat if so. I'll need to spring for the next idol clue and share it with Mat, assuming we both make it that far.

I like that my one-clue idol find came before Mat gave me the second clue. I feel like I got a good bargain for the coins spent.

Kylie

• Jury