-- 11th Place - 3rd Juror - Voted Out 6-5 --
By Nico Pan
G'DAY MATES! your new crush Nico is here with some opening night confessional questions.

1- Stranded will have been running for 14 years as of this coming Saturday! Along the way we've seen some truly unhinged characters, master strategists, and plenty of worthy contenders. Heading into this season, everyone was informed of the alias allstars twist, and had time to prepare accordingly. Is there anyone in particular that you would expect to be here? Do you think people can alias well enough to hide that identity for the entire game?

2-Tell us about your tribe! Who are you clicking with so far? Do you think you'll be able to work within this specific group of personalities?

3- What has changed since the last time you played Stranded? Update us! Help the viewers get to know you!

4- How are you aliasing this season? Any specific information you're withholding from the other players to avoid being detected? Remember that there is one new player with knowledge of which stranded and isolated characters have returned for the season. How do you think this twist will factor into the game?

As always, feel free to use this confessional to update us with anything you feel is important! It's just you, the hosts, and some famous Australians allowed in here, so you can be as honest as you'd like. we can see all of your DMs anyways so it's not like you have anything to hide :kiss:

Nico Pan

• Host
By Kylie
1- Stranded will have been running for 14 years as of this coming Saturday! Along the way we've seen some truly unhinged characters, master strategists, and plenty of worthy contenders. Heading into this season, everyone was informed of the alias allstars twist, and had time to prepare accordingly. Is there anyone in particular that you would expect to be here? Do you think people can alias well enough to hide that identity for the entire game?

Congratulations to Poody for 14 years of providing so much sick enjoyment, emotional support, friendship and pet photos to everyone. This is getting to be quite the little empire you’ve got going here. I’m very proud of you. And congrats to the co-hosts and staff for making these productions happen, I know it’s a TON of work and I hope it’s lots of fun for you as well.

I think I’ve covered who I expected to be playing. Sherri got left off my list before I think. There are also a few past players who have wandered back to the server over the past couple of days, but I didn’t have a chance to research them. Any one of them might be Jarrad or Mat.

2-Tell us about your tribe! Who are you clicking with so far? Do you think you'll be able to work within this specific group of personalities?

My tribe is all men plus me so far. I’ve started to talk strategy already with David, because he’s Matt from Iso and for sure not the newbie, a tiny bit with Mat, and getting close to it with Jarrad. Nothing strategy-wise with Simon as yet.

Simon seems really great, he just started much later and ended much earlier than the rest of us did last night. Jarrad was late, but was at work and let us know, then won immunity, so he’s golden for a while.

There’s only one of my past rivals capable of carrying on conversation at the level of Mat, David and Jarrad, so its unlikely to be one of them, which is a relief. Except it COULD be one of them, which makes me laugh. I really like all of these guys and would find it very interesting to learn I could grow to like and dislike the same person based purely on the circumstances in which we met and the personal information available.

3- What has changed since the last time you played Stranded? Update us! Help the viewers get to know you!

It’s been a year and a half and I’m doing really well! I’d needed an operation to fix a hip I’d worn out from years of gymnastics and it got postponed twice due to Covid-19, so I was pretty miserable. I finally was able to have it and feel FANTASTIC! The cats are lovely, still fighting and playing together, alternately. Grace has some weird low WBC issue no one knows what’s causing, but she’s acting her regular self. Rainier is still boss bitch in charge. I’m still running the business and kicking ass. Seattle got so hot a few weeks back that it literally cooked my garden, so I’m fighting for its life atm.

4- How are you aliasing this season? Any specific information you're withholding from the other players to avoid being detected? Remember that there is one new player with knowledge of which stranded and isolated characters have returned for the season. How do you think this twist will factor into the game?

You know, at this point, if I can pull off an alias without being detected past week one, I’ll be shocked. I should be fooling no one paying any attention. My back story, my invented dog, my gran with the double hip surgery, all of that is reasonably believable, I think, but I’m just so much. I went into this with the grand plan of being quiet and somewhat shy. Nope. Apparently, I’m not a very good actress in that regard. Oh well. It was fun. I’ll buy the buff. Not giving up, but… come on. Ugh.

The newbie twist is interesting. Unless its Henry, I don’t think they’re on this tribe, but they could be Simon or Jarrad. David told me he thinks Mat is a returnee.

I’m wondering what would happen if the newbie tried to make a deal with each person to get safety in exchange for silence about who they are. It would be hard even to blindside the newbie, as they could divulge everything on their way out of tribal. PLUS they get a huge advantage if they’re undetected? But how likely is that? If any of worked together to discuss who we wanted to name as a suspected newbie, we would narrow it down pretty quickly. And even if they got outed as the newbie, they’d still know who everyone was and be able to leverage that info. Hmmmm.
Spoiler: show
Question – what happens if more than one person figures out another’s identity, coin-wise? Also, is it possible that everyone would know who a player was, everyone would get a coin for figuring it out, and the person identified wouldn’t know everyone knew who they were?
I think Mat and Jarrad might be two of the more of the social guys on the Stranded channel. I thought David/Matt would be way more strategic with his alias based on how well he played in Iso, but I wasn’t able to read all the Iso chat (bless you Loveita for the highlights), so didn’t get the full picture of his game or personality.

I just checked him out a bit on the server and read his poker articles. I’ll have to figure out how to work poker into our convo. He’s clearly very good at ORGs in many ways, and is a sweet guy, they all are, so I’m hoping to make him my number one soon, maybe Mat also. I think the two of them are very close to each other already. If I can ratchet it down a notch, I could be ok with them for a while.

I am worried they’ll dump me as soon as they can rally enough people to vote me out, but hopefully we can stay tight enough for them to want to reunite after a swap. A loyal game can be killed by paranoia, as I well know, so I’ll need to try to keep my relationships strong. So far, so good. Even so, I think it might already be too late to avoid a social threat label, which could make me an early target.

Kylie

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Lara Álvarez
Kylie wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:18:10 pm
Question – what happens if more than one person figures out another’s identity, coin-wise? Also, is it possible that everyone would know who a player was, everyone would get a coin for figuring it out, and the person identified wouldn’t know everyone knew who they were?
Mmm, muy curioso! All your questions should be answered when we reveal more information about the quiz to everyone mas tarde! :inlove:

Lara Álvarez

• Host
By Kylie
OMG, I looked up Matt's comment count on the server. Holy shit. I need to step up, ha.

I've decided to just go with it. I know it will probably cut my game short, but so be it. It's too late now to get anywhere with an UTR attempt. May as well have fun!

So I'm just continuing to bond with everyone. Mat, David and Jarrad are who I'm talking to most. No strategy talk today with anyone, which is fine. Did y'all choose a group of who I'd like the best? That's what it feels like. Everyone is fantastic. If there are any villains among them, they're even more amazing players. They each feel genuine and fun and nice.

Simon's activity level is noticeably lower. Not sure what to make of that yet. He's nice enough when he's around.

I'll probably do the challenge tomorrow and hope to not slow tribe down. I'm decent at research, so hopefully, that will help. Everyone is though.

So, I guess my plan right now is to hope they all want to keep me around, I'll swear loyalty before we get anywhere near separation. I'd like to avoid an alliance at this point, with such a small group, it just feels dumb. Someone would catch wind of it and feel left out with so few people. I will try to get them all to agree not to talk each other up with others after we are split up, that feels like a bucket with holes in it sort of plan.

Kylie

• Jury
By Anders Ofvergard
Hej där! Nice to meet you! I’m Anders, and I’ll be one of your hosts this season!
We hope you are getting used to your mates this weekend. Just wanted to drop in and see how you are doing with building relationships during your free time! What do you think you are really good at when meeting new people and what’s something that you think you’ll struggle with when connecting with your tribe mates?

Anders Ofvergard

• Host
By Kylie
I'm stumped on who Jarrad is so far. He's younger, recently moved in with a partner, big family lives nearby. Very enthusiastic, so a bubbly person or a great actor. Says he likes everyone. We haven't touched on politics yet, which would narrow it down. I guess he could be Dean, but seems younger. He seems to have a lot of Discord org experience. We have fun chats and have been going through some what-if scenarios about the coming days. Such a sweetheart. If he Randy's me, I'll be sad. Again.

So strange that David has rarely been to Vegas! It's pretty funny. You gave it away at fella mister. And the time zone. I have to keep remembering when it's supposed to get dark way over here in Louisiana. I am glad I didn't pick West Coast though, I feel like he might have picked up on who the other PSTs were and I probably referred to it in my server chat at some point. I've probably given myself away in some other way I didn't realize already anyway.

David and I have declared loyalty. I brought up that a majority alliance with such a small group is risky and he agrees. We'll hope for unanimity on votes and encourage each other to all stick together through the swap/s. It has a reasonable chance of working. I brought up that I'd like him to not talk me up to others, he agreed. That part worked out well with Reem last time, so we'll see how it goes this time. I'm not sure if I'm Reem-level with David, but hopefully, he likes me.

I think I can get to an agreement level with Mat tomorrow. Not sure what's up still with Simon. Barely a word and no excuses. Now there's the UTR game I was striving for.

Kylie

• Jury
By Anders Ofvergard
Kylie wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:04:50 am I'm stumped on who Jarrad is so far. He's younger, recently moved in with a partner, big family lives nearby. Very enthusiastic, so a bubbly person or a great actor. Says he likes everyone. We haven't touched on politics yet, which would narrow it down. I guess he could be Dean, but seems younger. He seems to have a lot of Discord org experience. We have fun chats and have been going through some what-if scenarios about the coming days. Such a sweetheart. If he Randy's me, I'll be sad. Again.

So strange that David has rarely been to Vegas! It's pretty funny. You gave it away at fella mister. And the time zone. I have to keep remembering when it's supposed to get dark way over here in Louisiana. I am glad I didn't pick West Coast though, I feel like he might have picked up on who the other PSTs were and I probably referred to it in my server chat at some point. I've probably given myself away in some other way I didn't realize already anyway.

David and I have declared loyalty. I brought up that a majority alliance with such a small group is risky and he agrees. We'll hope for unanimity on votes and encourage each other to all stick together through the swap/s. It has a reasonable chance of working. I brought up that I'd like him to not talk me up to others, he agreed. That part worked out well with Reem last time, so we'll see how it goes this time. I'm not sure if I'm Reem-level with David, but hopefully, he likes me.

I think I can get to an agreement level with Mat tomorrow. Not sure what's up still with Simon. Barely a word and no excuses. Now there's the UTR game I was striving for.
Thank you good luck and happy to see you back!
Kylie liked this

Anders Ofvergard

• Host