-- 14th Place - Voted Out 12-2 --
By Nico Pan
G'DAY MATES! your new crush Nico is here with some opening night confessional questions.

1- Stranded will have been running for 14 years as of this coming Saturday! Along the way we've seen some truly unhinged characters, master strategists, and plenty of worthy contenders. Heading into this season, everyone was informed of the alias allstars twist, and had time to prepare accordingly. Is there anyone in particular that you would expect to be here? Do you think people can alias well enough to hide that identity for the entire game?

2-Tell us about your tribe! Who are you clicking with so far? Do you think you'll be able to work within this specific group of personalities?

3- What has changed since the last time you played Stranded? Update us! Help the viewers get to know you!

4- How are you aliasing this season? Any specific information you're withholding from the other players to avoid being detected? Remember that there is one new player with knowledge of which stranded and isolated characters have returned for the season. How do you think this twist will factor into the game?

As always, feel free to use this confessional to update us with anything you feel is important! It's just you, the hosts, and some famous Australians allowed in here, so you can be as honest as you'd like. we can see all of your DMs anyways so it's not like you have anything to hide :kiss:

Nico Pan

• Host
By Jericho
Hi all, it's Jericho AKA Brian Corridan from Turks and Caicos. It's my long awaited return, as Jonathan LaPoodyla has asked me quite a few times to come back to which I've declined, but somehow this worked out haha. Going to answer these questions and will answer more as the time comes.
Nico Pan wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:29:18 pm1- Stranded will have been running for 14 years as of this coming Saturday! Along the way we've seen some truly unhinged characters, master strategists, and plenty of worthy contenders. Heading into this season, everyone was informed of the alias allstars twist, and had time to prepare accordingly. Is there anyone in particular that you would expect to be here? Do you think people can alias well enough to hide that identity for the entire game?
First, I have to start with the non-question of which category I fit in of the second sentence, and that's definitely unhinged characters. I'm known for being unhinged in the jury house of Turks and Caicos, and honestly rightfully so. I stand by being bitter after a bad twist that led to rocks, like no doubt in my mind that it all should not have happened. Would I have won the season? Absolutely not, and I know that now, but I think those two feelings can co-exist. In terms of me being unhinged this season, I will be in here for sure because gotta keep a brand, but to other people in the game? I will withhold and just talk shit about them in here. *flash to me getting in a fight with someone*

As far as the alias all stars thing, I really couldn't give two fucks who people were the last time or who is here. I have to be honest in that I haven't kept up with Stranded since I finished Turks and Caicos besides the one season of Isolated, Lucy unfortunately passing away, and then the All Winners season I read up on.
Nico Pan wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:29:18 pm2-Tell us about your tribe! Who are you clicking with so far? Do you think you'll be able to work within this specific group of personalities?
I haven't talked with everyone much, but the standout to me is Nova. Her personality is very grounded and real, so I appreciate her from the jump. Her taste in Survivor players is great and something about the way she's spoken so far makes me see her as a very legitimate player. Plus she won the puzzle so that's great.

Sharn seems like a nice person so far. We're chatting on the instant chat and I feel like she jumped into personal stuff really fast with a whole friend family situation and so I just feel awkward with her. Plus she's not really asking much about me, which is fine, but I feel like she isn't thinking about trying to get to know me as much as just talking to talk.

I'm lumping Sarah and Casey together because they look similar but also, I haven't gotten a ton from either. Sarah's top two favorite player being Russell Hantz is a huge red flag to me, like why the fuck would you say this to us. Casey is just very short in her IMs, which is fine but I just don't know if we'll have quality convos if she's like that. Locky I have heard nothing from, so if we went to tribal right now, I'd vote him out in a heartbeat.
Nico Pan wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:29:18 pm3- What has changed since the last time you played Stranded? Update us! Help the viewers get to know you!
I graduated college in a global pandemic! I graduated in May and now intern for a PR agency based in New York City while I'm at home in the DMV. It's been great so far, loving my work, and there's a chance it could extend into a job down the line which is exciting.
Nico Pan wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:29:18 pm4- How are you aliasing this season? Any specific information you're withholding from the other players to avoid being detected? Remember that there is one new player with knowledge of which stranded and isolated characters have returned for the season. How do you think this twist will factor into the game?
I'm not attempting to be aliasing because I am not that involved in the community so nobody is going to know jack shit about me to guess it's me. Simultaneously like I said earlier, I don't know who would even come back for this season or anything. So then this survey/newbie twist bothers me a fuck ton because then now I am forced to give a shit? I don't know who anyone is so ID guessing being part of the game puts me at a disproportionate disadvantage, and then this newbie knowing who I am? Fucked up as hell!

All I wanted was a clean slate because I don't like how I was received last time, so this person knowing that is beyond inappropriate and violates why I agreed to come back. I have considered quitting over this twist (still considering it tbh) and while there's a chance this could be some weird fake out, I think that's also problematic as hell because it's only causing us to speculate over each other's IDs when in reality, I wasn't thinking about it until you put that in front of me. And I'm sure as hell the rest of everyone was going to play in that fresh mindset too if you didn't do this twist.

Rant over about this twist, but I had to say it so if I leave the game before the first round, you know why. This isn't what I signed up for, and it ruins the premise of this being a game with true integrity.

Jericho

• Loser
  • Awards: Posts
By Anders Ofvergard
Hej där! Nice to meet you! I’m Anders, and I’ll be one of your hosts this season!
We hope you are getting used to your mates this weekend. Just wanted to drop in and see how you are doing with building relationships during your free time! What do you think you are really good at when meeting new people and what’s something that you think you’ll struggle with when connecting with your tribe mates?

Anders Ofvergard

• Host
By Jericho
Anders Ofvergard wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:21:48 am Hej där! Nice to meet you! I’m Anders, and I’ll be one of your hosts this season!
We hope you are getting used to your mates this weekend. Just wanted to drop in and see how you are doing with building relationships during your free time! What do you think you are really good at when meeting new people and what’s something that you think you’ll struggle with when connecting with your tribe mates?
Relationship building is hard when your tribe isn't really around all that much, honestly this board is dead more often than not from when I've been on so I can't say it's going swimmingly. Luckily, Locke hasn't shown yet so that's an immediate buffer for the rest of us. Casey is giving me nothing, Sarah and Sharn are just meh, and then I like Nova at least. I find myself to be a social butterfly and good conversationalist, which goes into my struggle of carrying conversations when the other person isn't giving much. I think that burden feels extra real on this tribe, which is why I don't feel particularly inspired to log on all that much, when I can't find anything inspiring about 4/5 people beyond myself. I may not have to throw because Sharn has admitted to taking 20 minutes on these puzzles and I just don't get why you'd say that right off the bat.

Luckily though, winning challenges isn't my strategy at all. This leads into what I think my strategy is going to be in the form on an intentional Matsing. Like the Survivor Philippines tribe that Denise and Malcolm were on. I think I'm going to try and throw as many of the challenges after this first one so then Arumbera is depleted AF going into this swap. Then, we won't be seen as worthy targets, and the other tribes will go after each other while we skate by with an underdog story. It's risky, but I mean if I'm not vibing with this group, that's a great way to progress forward in the game while leaving these initial bonds behind. Nova would be my Malcolm, but she is never going to know that this is my strategy. That would get me booted so fast so that's staying here. So sorry if your faves are on this tribe, but I'm going to try and take this ship down so that I can get to the top of the iceberg.

Jericho

• Loser
  • Awards: Posts