Hej mates! Your very own Swedish Batchelor here for your nightly confessional questions!

1 - You got through your first challenge as a tribe. After seeing the results, how do you feel you and your tribe will be doing performance-wise in future challenges? Do the other tribes worry you?

2 - Since you had a lot of downtimes this past weekend and time to start building relationships, how would you rank your tribemates from most to least trusted?

3 - With the first idol clue being available are you gonna be one of the castaways spending night and day to find it or are you gonna pass on it this round? If you did find the idol would you tell anyone or keep it a secret?

STRANDEDCOIN OPPORTUNITY

Do you think you know your tribemates well enough yet to see behind the curtain of their alias? Take a guess anyways!

Before the immunity challenge results are posted tomorrow night (shortly after 7:00c/8:00e), you may do the following to earn additional coins.

1. Guess at your tribemates' identities - you will get 1 coin for each correct guess.
2. Guess at the identity of the new player among you (you do not have to choose a tribemate). If you are correct, you will get 3 coins.

Careful, because if a fellow tribemate guesses YOU correctly, you will lose 1 coin for each correct identification against you.

All coins will be distributed for this activity by 12:00AMc/1:00AMe tomorrow night. If you lose coins, you will not be told who has identified you. If you gain coins, you will not be told who you have identified. If you do not receive any coins...you may draw your own conclusions. This activity is optional, but the due date is firm.

Good luck mates!

Anders Ofvergard

• Host
1 - You got through your first challenge as a tribe. After seeing the results, how do you feel you and your tribe will be doing performance-wise in future challenges? Do the other tribes worry you?
After the first challenge results went up, I was pleased to see we were one of the top 3 tribes, but I was definitely surprised to see how close it came. I can't help but to feel partially responsible. I thought I had done a pretty good job of making sure all of my answers were correct in the trivia challenge but apparently
I had misread one of the two part questions and got both of them wrong. So although I did score a full 10 points (which I thought would be the max score), it turns out I was one of the weakest on my tribe. I did still win the first competition and am chatty and I think I am in my tribe's good graces. It definitely makes me respect the other tribes though. They aren't as consistently active as ours it seems like, but they're definitely just as competitive and skilled. I don't think it's going to be a blow out by any singular tribe, rather that every challenge will come down to one tribe edging out another.

I am equally afraid of all of the tribes, even my own. No tribe is less intimidating than the next!
2 - Since you had a lot of down time this past weekend and time to start building relationships, how would you rank your tribemates from most to least trusted?
I did a ranking last round and I don't think it's changed.
My ranking would be as such, in order from who I trust the most to least:

1. Mat
2. Kylie
3. David
4. Simon

I'll explain. Like I mentioned with Mat, we just get along and seem to be on the same page. Also, he bought the idol clue yesterday and gave it to me as soon as it was available. Of course, he could be a mastermind and planned it all out and gave me a fake clue while he has the real clue but based on the way he's communicating with me about it, it seems like he gave me the real clue. The only weird thing is, is it seemed like he copy and pasted the clue when he first gave it to me but I guess he typed it? Which isn't too weird, but he definitely could have just forged a fake clue to give on his own if he felt so inclined. But I really doubt he had the know-how and foresight to accomplish all of that. And also, he just seemed to be making all of these subtle suggestions that he liked me so I latched on to that. The beginning of the game gives me so much anxiety because I have no idea how the tribe portion of the game will go or what personalities I'll be paired with. So far, it feels like I've got the more talkative/wordy essence compared to everyone else.

Which brings me to Kylie. I really like Kylie, and perhaps I get along with her more smoothly than Mat, but she hasn't given me really any kind of solid or concrete indications that she's working together. I'm a bit afraid that there's a group of 3 or 4 that's formed and I'm on the outs but, at the very least, I have immunity at the first tribal I attend, so I at least know I won't be the first from Imanpa to go. We've spent most of our time talking about our pets and gardening, as I'd mentioned. I'm finding it harder than I wanted it to be to find real-life topics to talk about. I don't think this group is very interested in small talk. Which sucks because small talk is totally one of my strengths! In fact, people not wanting to small talk might end up hurting me in the long run because it's hard for me to open up strategically or see someone as an ally unless there is already some form of established platonic trust with them. But I really see Kylie as an ally although it's not official. It does concern me that sometimes she's online, like if she says she's taking her dog for a walk or something, where she comes back but doesn't really ever reach out. It feels like I am always the one that is starting the conversation. That's why I trust Mat the most, because he seems genuinely interested in talking to me and reaches out to me. Maybe I'm just impatient and am jumping the gun. I don't want my nerves to get the best of me this early on.

David is someone that I think I could potentially trust more than Kylie. It's hard to make this list/ranking because there aren't many things to base trust on. I like Kylie more and have an easier time talking to her so I ranked her above David, but Kylie definitely seems more like the type to be conniving and wheeling and dealing and cutting any and every tie necessary to further herself in the game. Sweet, but definitely spicy too. David on the other hand is a much more mutable and softspoken person. He is very comforting and his replies seem genuinely interested and he gives me about as much as I give him so it feels like we are on a very even and level playing field. I see our conversations are more painted with like a serious or mature color as opposed to a super laidback and fun and silly approach, which is kind of how I talk with Kylie. Kylie's jokes could actually make me laugh, but I doubt David's could. That's not to say that he's not trustworthy though. I think David could be very trustworthy and is definitely someone I want to keep close to me.

And Simon is last, due mostly to the fact that I've spoken to him the least, and he doesn't seem very interested in being a chatterbox. Although the few interactions we've had have been fine, it just doesn't seem like he's itching to socialize with me. Based on my conversations with Mat it's not just me. He might just be playing the slow game and doesn't see much importance in chatting until it's time to do it. He was the strongest on our tribe in the challenge so I definitely know he's here to play. He's definitely a fellow gay which gives me some common ground to get to know him on. He does a good job of bringing out my flamboyant side.

All in all though, I don't think I'm rubbing anyone the wrong way. I'm trying to be careful not to overstep anything or anyone, or be too eager game-wise with anyone other than Mat at this point. Mat and I have agreed that we can bounce concerns/questions off of each other. Slowly but surely I know that people's personalities and stuff will be much more clear to interpret... I really want to be analytical this game and see if I can piece together things that normally I wouldn't be able to. I'm hoping that my success in season's past will have compounded and put me in a position where I can handle tough votes and things correctly and without bloodying my hands.
3 - With the first idol clue being available are you gonna be one of the castaways spending night and day to find it or are you gonna pass on it this round? If you did find the idol would you tell anyone or keep it a secret?
I definitely wasn't one of the castaways spending night and day to find it but I have spent at least a couple of hours looking for it. I figure that there's not enough information to really pinpoint what area specifically the clue is coming from. I'm going to make sure I end up with the 2nd clue tonight and hopefully that will be enough to kind of point me more specifically into where to look for the password. Once I have a sense of confidence about what area/topic the password is coming from, the more likely I am to go hard at finding the password. I've tried about everything I can figure out to look at and try at this point. Mat also claims he hasn't been able to find anything. I wonder if the tribe has noticed that we've been looking for it? I'm sure they probably have to. The only people that I know have the clue are Mat and I. No one else told me if they did or didn't get the clue. I want to ask but I don't want to be pushy, and it may come off as snoopy or shady if I do ask without already having trust established with someone.

But I'm having fun! I decided to sit out this challenge, not for any good reason. I just felt like I needed to. Otherwise I was going to have to do the challenge last night or at work today and I didn't want to do it last night so I just said it was best if I was the one not to do it. Since I'm safe at the first tribal we attend I didn't think it was imperative for me to play, and also this means that next time I'll definitely be competing which is arguably a more important challenge to worry about.

Thanks for the questions Anders!
Lara Álvarez liked this

Jarrad

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
  • Awards: Posts
Kind of shook that Mia was going to play. She hosted whenever I played! Icon. I don't know the other two. Sucks they were inactive. But at least they're all gone. Now the game is really going to step up.

Jarrad

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
  • Awards: Posts