By Anders Ofvergard
Hej mates! What a fun night huh? Time for some questions

1 - So, the force swap power got used. What’s your thought on the swap? Who do you think used it?

2 - Do you feel like you’re in trouble with your tribe or do you feel you’re in a good spot? Anybody, you’re happy to be back with, anyone you’re not happy to be back with?

3 - Is there talk of anyone having an idol? Are you still trying to hunt for it?

As always, you may submit guesses for the aliases of your tribemates (your current ones only), and the new player to gain coins! Due date at challenge results time, per usual.

Anders Ofvergard

• Host
By David
Anders Ofvergard wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:40:17 pm Hej mates! What a fun night huh? Time for some questions

1 - So, the force swap power got used.
This is all I have to say about the last however many fuckin days in this game @NuTjoritja @Production @Force Swap Power:

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
  • Awards: Posts
By David
Anders Ofvergard wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:40:17 pm
1 - What’s your thought on the swap? Who do you think used it?
So many different schools of thought come into play in regards to the events of the first swap, the confusion about what occurred that seemed to nullify the double tribal. Uncertainty about relations with my NuTjoritja tribe, and where I might wind up in a tribal. I maintained a strong bond with Kylie, but failed to really connect with the others in a way that I felt significant reassurance about. Ross approached me to collaborate the first or second day. Outside of that, I didn't make significant progress. I pretty much had to bank on the fact that I was putting forth a strong effort in the team challenges. The previous one with Yellow, and the first one with Blue I had arguably the strongest showing for the tribe that I was on. The hope was that I could create an image of team loyalty and work ethic for myself, then slowly incorporate my personality more and more. Did it work out?

We are yet to determine. Sharn understandably used the swap power, and I feel she would have regardless of the tribe rankings. She wouldn't have been given an opportunity to obtain it without ranking last though, so it was kind of a win/lose for her. Ultimately, since I had been ranked in the 1st spot, Sharn was going to think I felt unhappy with the decision. She owned up to it to me, and seemed to come from a perspective of honesty. Sharn didn't feel like she had footing on Tjoritja. She was right. I kept my options open since I never know what you inbreds will throw at us next. But truth be told, Sharn would likely have seen an exit if I didn't have much of an incentive to try and convince people otherwise. Maybe I'm blind and it would have been me. But she had life happen, which ended up causing her to miss a challenge and be less active. Not a victim of poor gameplay, but rather a focal point to try and form unity around.

With that said, I am surprisingly happy with the decision she made. I know you guys want to read so I'll continue in the next post

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
David wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:40:05 pm
1 - What’s your thought on the swap? Who do you think used it?
So many different schools of thought come into play in regards to the events of the first swap, the confusion about what occurred that seemed to nullify the double tribal. Uncertainty about relations with my NuTjoritja tribe, and where I might wind up in a tribal. I maintained a strong bond with Kylie, but failed to really connect with the others in a way that I felt significant reassurance about. Ross approached me to collaborate the first or second day. Outside of that, I didn't make significant progress. I pretty much had to bank on the fact that I was putting forth a strong effort in the team challenges. The previous one with Yellow, and the first one with Blue I had arguably the strongest showing for the tribe that I was on. The hope was that I could create an image of team loyalty and work ethic for myself, then slowly incorporate my personality more and more. Did it work out?

We are yet to determine. Sharn understandably used the swap power, and I feel she would have regardless of the tribe rankings. She wouldn't have been given an opportunity to obtain it without ranking last though, so it was kind of a win/lose for her. Ultimately, since I had been ranked in the 1st spot, Sharn was going to think I felt unhappy with the decision. She owned up to it to me, and seemed to come from a perspective of honesty. Sharn didn't feel like she had footing on Tjoritja. She was right. I kept my options open since I never know what you inbreds will throw at us next. But truth be told, Sharn would likely have seen an exit if I didn't have much of an incentive to try and convince people otherwise. Maybe I'm blind and it would have been me. But she had life happen, which ended up causing her to miss a challenge and be less active. Not a victim of poor gameplay, but rather a focal point to try and form unity around.

With that said, I am surprisingly happy with the decision she made. I know you guys want to read so I'll continue in the next post

Without feeling like I had really solid footing, an opportunity for a shake up is welcome. At first glance, you get the oh fuck I'm on an 8 person tribe but I'm the only yellow. And I still hold a bit of that. But the shift in dynamics made me feel a bit better about holding my cards further away from my chest for now. That is, the cards I want them to know I have. There is something to be said for vulnerability in this game. If you are too vulnerable you will be sent home. If you are too well positioned, eventually it's likely people realize you are playing the best and need to leave. Maybe i'm wearing my optimistic glasses today, but I think I have just enough vulnerability here to lower my social/strategic threat level for this phase of the game, while not having too much to the point where I become an obvious boot.

What my NuPapunya experience will look like if it is bad:
- Little connection to the others on a level which would interest them in pursuing a long term relationship
- Paralysis on the tribe resulting in a scapegoat search party
- An enormous up-hill battle in each challenge, and tribal
- Lack of options to explore multiple avenues of gameplay
- Finally, a pre-merge boot which wouldn't accurately depict my involvement with the season. But deep down I'd know the thoughts of "I got swap fucked" would be in-authentic.

What my NuPapunya experience will look like if it is good:
The opposite
Jk
- My standing in the tribe providing a vehicle for social improvement
- Being the only yellow finding me in a bit of a swing position, or holding multiple options
- My vulnerability making me more approachable, or seen as a number down the road in the eyes of individual players
- An opportunity to make myself one of the most well connected people in the game having been on Imanpa, Tjoritja and Papunya with members from all original tribes. I believe only Daisy and Michelle and Sarah I havent met yet.
- Incentive for tribe mates to keep me around for current safety, and the development of a long term relationship.
- Finally, a spot in the merge. I think this is entirely possible. I lean towards this option being the more realistic one. Which means it will be a disappointment to let the game end should the former scenario arise.
Lara Álvarez liked this

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
If you want to make it about business, right now I am a small tech startup in this game, circling a few higher value prospective enterprise clients. Normally when the market is open, those organizations have many options and competitors looking to provide the strongest value proposition of them all. Outside of the box thinking is required to stand out.

The market isn't saturated right now though. Survival is the primary organizational objective for most of the tribe. You have what seems to be 2 larger organizations, and 2 or possibly 3 indies developing that value. I need to stick to the fundamentals, and focus more on the strongest delivery.

I'll translate:

Right now I am a powerless individual in this game, circling a few more powerful groups. Normally when everyone is together, those groups/alliances have many options and competitors looking to work with them for numbers. You have to get creative to prove your worth.

We aren't all together right now though. Survival is the primary objective for most of the tribe. You have what seems to be 2 larger groups, and 2 or possibly 3 individuals. I need to stick to what works, demonstrating to be a valuable team mate and ally. My focus should be on my social game, and how I approach the dynamics in our tribe

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
2 - Do you feel like you’re in trouble with your tribe or do you feel you’re in a good spot? Anybody, you’re happy to be back with, anyone you’re not happy to be back with?

3 - Is there talk of anyone having an idol? Are you still trying to hunt for it?
2. If I had a gun to my head I would guess I'd survive the first tribal if we went tonight. I pretty much am with all new people aside from Baden and Sharn. It's a completely new start, for better or for worse. I will not be shocked to go home with how chaotic all of this is.

3. I don't idol talk with others. I did with Kylie to an extent, but mostly surface level. You guys know my strategy. Don't buy the idol clues, and hope it pays off when I price out the rest of the players if more important things come up post merge. If I was going to fold on this I would have done it by now. I am operating under the assumption that all 3 are found. I know you guys will have want them to be found. So it makes sense that you made it findable in 3 clues. It's a bit nice not having to worry about it. I can focus on the game.

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
Aint no way our time is winning immunity. We were unprepared. It's a catch 22, since I can't act too desperate for a win. I need to keep some level of composure to make sure attention doesn't come my way. I have a feeling we are going to see 2 sides going at it tonight.

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
Fuck I forgot we could do the guessing. I've probably missed so many opportunities to guess, it's just been so chaotic it's impossible to juggle it all. I'll guess the newbie as Jericho?

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
I'm going to do a ranking of the remaining players from my perspective now. No one specific criteria, other than overall threat level to win the game I suppose? Or holding qualities that could lead to a win:

1. Nova - I'm not going to write about all of them. But Nova gives off a powerful energy. Will I harness it, or be vanquished by it?
2. Teegan - Just a gut thing
3. Ben - He seems to be universally liked. And supposedly very competent in challenges
4. Sharn - Great socially but also low threat level by design. I know Sharn can likely compete. Do I think she is sandbagging? No. But Maybe not 100% effort to maintain a strong position. It's working.
5. Mat - I think Mat is the kind of guy that can win if he sits at the end. it all depends on how the game goes. But he has the chops.
6. Michelle - Seems to be a fierce competitor. I know she was on the bottom of the purple tribe vote, so maybe a wildcard.
7. Kylie - If she can maintain a solid composure, she is great socially. I might have her too low.
8. Baden - Social/Challenge skill will keep him safe for a while. He strikes me as someone that would like to explore multiple options in the future.
9. Jarrad - I think a very underrated challenger. If he can ensure a strong social game, I see him going far. A lot at the merge will depend on if he wants to stick back up with me or not.
10. Daisy - A gut one.
11. Sarah - Another gut one
12. Jericho - Seems to be great challenge wise. But I don't see anything significant from him socially yet. I think he has it in him though.
13. Tessa - Dont have much of a read on her yet.
14. Casey - Might just be low because of few posts and no idea what she is like
15. Mark - He was already voted, and I think he will have a hard time recovering considering Nova and Tessa were on the tribe that voted him. I'd like to see if there is an angle which I can pull him in though.
Lara Álvarez liked this

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
If I had to guess, Jericho, Tessa and Daisy would be my sleeper picks to rise in the rankings. Ben Nova and Michelle are picks to drop potentially.

It is VERY likely that I am entirely wrong about this. It is so difficult to rank everyone correctly so early, especially since I haven't been on a tribe with everyone. I just want a benchmark to refer back to. And some proof for everyone watching that Mr. David hasn't just been twiddling his thumbs

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
This tribal was entirely more complicated than it needed to be. The whispering doesn't give me a good feeling. Why do that unless something significantly important needs to be said

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe