By Nico Pan
G'DAY MATES! your new crush Nico is here with some opening night confessional questions.

1- Stranded will have been running for 14 years as of this coming Saturday! Along the way we've seen some truly unhinged characters, master strategists, and plenty of worthy contenders. Heading into this season, everyone was informed of the alias allstars twist, and had time to prepare accordingly. Is there anyone in particular that you would expect to be here? Do you think people can alias well enough to hide that identity for the entire game?

2-Tell us about your tribe! Who are you clicking with so far? Do you think you'll be able to work within this specific group of personalities?

3- What has changed since the last time you played Stranded? Update us! Help the viewers get to know you!

4- How are you aliasing this season? Any specific information you're withholding from the other players to avoid being detected? Remember that there is one new player with knowledge of which stranded and isolated characters have returned for the season. How do you think this twist will factor into the game?

As always, feel free to use this confessional to update us with anything you feel is important! It's just you, the hosts, and some famous Australians allowed in here, so you can be as honest as you'd like. we can see all of your DMs anyways so it's not like you have anything to hide :kiss:

Nico Pan

• Host
By David
Nico Pan wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:34:17 pm G'DAY MATES! your new crush Nico is here with some opening night confessional questions.

1- Stranded will have been running for 14 years as of this coming Saturday! Along the way we've seen some truly unhinged characters, master strategists, and plenty of worthy contenders. Heading into this season, everyone was informed of the alias allstars twist, and had time to prepare accordingly. Is there anyone in particular that you would expect to be here? Do you think people can alias well enough to hide that identity for the entire game?

Happy Birthday Stranded, you can get your learners permit now. I have a feeling I will know at least a few of the castaways. On the other side of the coin, I do think people can alias the whole game. Only people I have played with would have a chance to know me, and if there are others who haven't been active in the community, I reckon the same bodes for them. It is an interesting concept, I have caught myself a few times getting to comfortable already. Need to keep up the persona. Its similar enough to my real life that I can keepit going, but different enough that i'd be surprised if anyone I.D.s me without a slip up.

2-Tell us about your tribe! Who are you clicking with so far? Do you think you'll be able to work within this specific group of personalities?

We started with Mat Kylie and myself as the ones online. To be frank with you at this point i dont care who I work with yeah. I get a good vibe from the two of em for sure but I will go the optimal route. Jarrad came online later and we chatted a good bit. He won immunity to good to stay in good with him. In a 6, 2 votes can dictate the flow. So far I have been making those one on one connections so I have clusters of those 2 votes to navigate with. Keep this operation flexible so we can adapt to the twists I know are coming soon. Simon was on last, so there's a step behind there. Not too far, but leverageable. No sign of Henry or woever the fuck. I want to keep the group tight for now. I think we might see some pre merge bullshit with a combined tribal or something. I feel strong about my chances with this current group. You shouldn't feel too confident, because you get complacent. But I know i am borderline sociopathic about so i wont get complacent. I will change the parts of the personality to match the situation and the people here.

3- What has changed since the last time you played Stranded? Update us! Help the viewers get to know you!

Ive spent a few years working in the NHL and finishing education. Life has been busy as hell. But I have some time now, and decided to put myself through this again. Every time I've played, some bullshit has been involved. The first time I was insanely naïve. The second time I was misguided and fucked around too much in non entertaining ways, and the last time I was in a toxic relationship. Ironically that was my best placement, maybe I got better with age. This go round, my bullshit is everyone's bullshit. Life is different for all of us, and I think there's a perfect storm here for me to bring back my personality with a bit more of an eye for the social game. I didn't realize it at the time, but my social game made last go round feel a lot easier. So even though i'd like to make things crazy and create conflict off the bat, I know a bit better now. I'll be able to create a hell of a lot more chaos if I can keep myself in the game past the merge. I like to add a layer to the experience every season. The first time was just to play. The second was to fully embrace alias and fuck about. The third was to keep those and add the social component to be successful. If I can put it all together, and take the right risks, it could pay off. I still could have won last time, but didn't take the risky approach and lost final immunity. Survivor gods way of telling me to take the road less traveled this time.

4- How are you aliasing this season? Any specific information you're withholding from the other players to avoid being detected? Remember that there is one new player with knowledge of which stranded and isolated characters have returned for the season. How do you think this twist will factor into the game?

I am keeping my story quite open ended. I've shared that I am a sports scout who is traveling constantly, but currently residing in Canada. Nobody has probed, but I'm lining my calendar up with an old co-workers to know what is appropriate to discuss at what time in case someone has advanced knowledge. I highly doubt it, but this gives me the out to be travelling when I need to be away. It also explains the erratic nature of my timetable, so I can be online at random times. I sort of lucked out with this new player thing. Because my alias story is close enough to my real story to make the new player not think I am completely fabricating. I haven't hid that I have played before, which will give credence to that idea as well. In terms of how this twist will affect the game, so many schools of thought. I will dissect this further, but the new player is incentivized to keep it to themselves, unless they believe the leverage will be more beneficial for their game. I am still somewhat confused of how the coin system will work with the new player and what not, but I know it will be of utmost importance to understand. Whoever manipulates these twists in their favor will likely be who sits at the end. I need it to be me.

As always, feel free to use this confessional to update us with anything you feel is important! It's just you, the hosts, and some famous Australians allowed in here, so you can be as honest as you'd like. we can see all of your DMs anyways so it's not like you have anything to hide :kiss:

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
  • Awards: Posts
By David
I reckon this is the pecking order for now:

1. Myself
2. Kylie/Mat a bit of a tossup
4. Jarred
5. Simon
6. Henry

I broached the trust talk with Mat, where are Kylie did so with me. Mat mentioned myself and Kylie as the 2 talkers, so I believe he probably feels the same as my list, with him at 1. Where as I think Kylie would have me distinctly at 2 and Mat at 3. Hard to tell, but not much matter for now.

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
It's pretty interesting how low key these people are. I think people feel a bit too comfortable, which bodes well for me. I like to be right in that uncomfortable space, keep me on my 10 pigs yeah? It's pretty clear the inactive folk provide a scapegoat. But the few who haven't shown up have halted strategic progress seemingly. I wouldn't mind a loss to shed our skin. Not an intentional one though. Whenever it occurs organically
Christer Falck liked this

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By Anders Ofvergard
Hej där! Nice to meet you! I’m Anders, and I’ll be one of your hosts this season!
We hope you are getting used to your mates this weekend. Just wanted to drop in and see how you are doing with building relationships during your free time! What do you think you are really good at when meeting new people and what’s something that you think you’ll struggle with when connecting with your tribe mates?

Anders Ofvergard

• Host
By David
Anders Ofvergard wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:16:43 am Hej där! Nice to meet you! I’m Anders, and I’ll be one of your hosts this season!
We hope you are getting used to your mates this weekend. Just wanted to drop in and see how you are doing with building relationships during your free time! What do you think you are really good at when meeting new people and what’s something that you think you’ll struggle with when connecting with your tribe mates?
Hello Anders.

"We hope you are getting used to your mates this weekend. Just wanted to drop in and see how you are doing with building relationships during your free time!"

2 am intoxication confessional. Tribe is quiet. Seems like barely anyone on the cast has been around. I was out all dayand still had my phone to chec up on. You just gotta want it. Connecting well with Kylie, Mat and Jarrad so far. Cant say the zame for zimon. probably not doing the strongest job socially, but I will pick it up when the game starts to pick up, as ther ewill be more natual progession of dialogue as the decisions start occurring.

What do you think you are really good at when meeting new people and what’s something that you think you’ll struggle with when connecting with your tribe mates?

I am good at keeping a convorsation going. Evem if its kind of dry. try to go for more than one word. reflect back on the things people say to me in later convo with the,. From sales ecperience i can negotiate and logically reason quite well. Honest about intentions, while cultivating social capital. fuck you if you called me cringy for saying that unironically.

I can be bad at responding, i forget and type half a message. With alias i find it harder to steer the convo in the direction i want. half of the time i am over thinking the alias and being too careful. not the greatest at bringing up personal things, which would probably strengthen bonds. have been ttrying. sometimes i come off as try hard. starting with a more authentic approach with a smaller tribe, but finding it difficult to keep myself at this slow pace.

I want to fuckin game baby

I think tomorrow i will be sober and the game will start. we still dont have that sixth guy even, but i have 2 agreements lined up.

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
the person who performed the best in the Individual Immunity Challenge will receive a special power.

is this for this challenge or the last one

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By Anders Ofvergard
David wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:35:25 am
Anders Ofvergard wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:16:43 am Hej där! Nice to meet you! I’m Anders, and I’ll be one of your hosts this season!
Hello Anders.

"We hope you are getting used to your mates this weekend. Just wanted to drop in and see how you are doing with building relationships during your free time!"

2 am intoxication confessional. Tribe is quiet. Seems like barely anyone on the cast has been around. I was out all dayand still had my phone to chec up on. You just gotta want it. Connecting well with Kylie, Mat and Jarrad so far. Cant say the zame for zimon. probably not doing the strongest job socially, but I will pick it up when the game starts to pick up, as ther ewill be more natual progession of dialogue as the decisions start occurring.

What do you think you are really good at when meeting new people and what’s something that you think you’ll struggle with when connecting with your tribe mates?

I am good at keeping a convorsation going. Evem if its kind of dry. try to go for more than one word. reflect back on the things people say to me in later convo with the,. From sales ecperience i can negotiate and logically reason quite well. Honest about intentions, while cultivating social capital. fuck you if you called me cringy for saying that unironically.

I can be bad at responding, i forget and type half a message. With alias i find it harder to steer the convo in the direction i want. half of the time i am over thinking the alias and being too careful. not the greatest at bringing up personal things, which would probably strengthen bonds. have been ttrying. sometimes i come off as try hard. starting with a more authentic approach with a smaller tribe, but finding it difficult to keep myself at this slow pace.

I want to fuckin game baby

I think tomorrow i will be sober and the game will start. we still dont have that sixth guy even, but i have 2 agreements lined up.
Awesome! Glad to have you back, and good luck.
David liked this

Anders Ofvergard

• Host
By David
No clue for me. I know that you guys probably made the idol difficult to find without a certain number of clues. Logic dictates the later clues will be more valuable, so I'm holding out. Unless the clues will require the last one to get the next one, then that changes things.

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe
By David
Its funny to me how blatantly Simon is idol hunting while everyone is online. He must not think anyone can notice. Newbie behaviors.....

David

• Uluru Tribe

Uluru Tribe