--4th Place - 10th Juror - Voted Out 2-(2) --
By Ben
Hello, gentlemen. Congratulations on making it to the final 2, which is no easy feat on season of 24 all-stars (yes, not 23 and one newbie. I'm haven't stopped hearing the end of that shit, by the way.).

David, you screwed me over quite a few times in the game. There were many occasions where I thought, "Dave gave me his word. He's gonna do this" or "He's not gonna do that". And they were lies. LIES, I SAY! I told you about 2 minutes before the final 4 tribal council that if you voted to keep me, you would 100% have my vote to win in the end even if I end up losing the tiebreaker challenge. You delivered and voted for Sharn instead of me and for that, I thank you.
However, I struggle now to find a reason that I should keep my word to you when I've done nothing but keep my word with you all game and you have time and time again broken your word to me. I get that lying is part of the game and as a result, maybe my first lie to you should be right now. I want to keep my word and vote for you, but I find little reason to do so based on our overall game experience together.

Jarrad, around halfway through the merge you seemed to have developed a dislike for me. It seemed to come out of nowhere which was quite upsetting to me because you were one of my favorite people during our short time premerge together. I feel like it started right after we had the number guessing challenge and I got lucky and got you out of the challenge on my first guess. I wasn't trying to get you out of the challenge, I specifically picked you because I didn't want people to think I was close with you. After that, you messaged me, "I guess we don't talk enough since you guessed me first" or something to that effect. In my head, I was like, "Dude, it was a 1 in 12 shot. You think I knew that was your number? It was chance." From then on out you acted so differently to me.

You messaged me less and when I did message you, I usually got short answers and started feeling like you wanted nothing to do with me, which in turn made me stop messaging you that much which probably caused you furthermore to think that I disliked you. I feel like in your head, I started the downfall of our friendship and I don't understand it. You have written my name down 3 times. How many times did I ever write your name down? Zero.

So, my question for Jarrad is:

Why should I not keep my word to David and vote for him to win after he held up his end of the bargain and didn't vote for me at final 4? Other than me claiming you to be a threat and not voting you out, what reason do I have to vote for you to win? And I don't mean the jury, I mean me specifically. What reason does Ben have to vote for you to win this game?

And my question for David is:

Why SHOULD I keep my word to you and vote for you to win after you held up your end of the bargain? What reason do I have to keep my word to you now after so many times you've broken your word to me? Jarrad said he would vote for me if I made it to the end, why not return the favor to him?

Regardless of what I or anybody else have said or will say during this tribal council, you two made it to the final 2. None of us did. That's really fucking impressive. I'm impressed. I'M IMPRESSED BY YOU TWO. That is all. Good luck, guys. Seriously, you earned it. It's been a hell of a game.

Ben

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts