--4th Place - 10th Juror - Voted Out 2-(2) --
By Ben
It's been a while since I played Stranded and I haven't played many ORGs since.

I figured it would be difficult to play this game with my work schedule and it was but I'm so glad I did.

I was pretty sure I would place like I usually do in these games, late premerge or early merge boot. I completely exceeded my expectations and have a new highest placement in not only Stranded but any Survivor ORG I've played in. 4th place out of 24 all-stars. Who would have thought a dumbass like me could do it? Two tribal councils shy of the end. It's devastating because the closer you get to the end, the more upsetting it is when you fail. I'm definitely not anywhere near as upset as I have been in the past with being voted out even though I came so close. I think knowing that I fought as hard as I could, managed to tie the vote against Sharn and go to a tie breaker makes me feel like I truly did everything I could stay as long as I could until it was my own failure that cost me. That makes it a little better. I didn't get swap screwed, idoled out, ganged up on by everyone or get unlucky. It was my own failure in the tiebreaker, which makes me feel okay with it.

It was so exhausting playing non stop for almost a whole month. Worrying about challenge deadlines, voting, talking with everyone and so on, but it was worth it for the experience. I had low moments as everyone did, but I had some truly uplifting moments in my victories.

My social game is usually what lacks in these games and that's what was my worst aspect once again. Even the people I loved in the game and loved talking with, even some of them felt like our relationships weren't anything amazing, which sucks because I felt the opposite. I guess I just don't communicate the way most people want to or enough of it.

I'm proud of how I played and had so much fucking fun coming back. Being the last member of the Tortilla tribe standing. Finding the Tortilla idol. Playing the public idol and blindsiding everyone. Winning two individual immunities. Dominating most premerge challenges. Making it to final 4. I achieved so many accomplishments that I wanted to. The only ones I didn't achieve were making it to the finals and winning. But that's okay. There's only 1 winner and 23 losers. I am one of those 23.

Jonathan, hosts, friends and enemies in the game, thank you all so much for the experience and making the past month of my life interesting to say the least. Thanks for having me back. As I said in my pregame info: I felt like the legacy of Flicka in Stranded ended on a down note, but I really feel like I ended on a high note as Ben.

I always have fun playing Stranded and this has been no exception. I can't wait to see how the final tribal council goes between David and Jarrad. I'm sure it will be just as amazing as the rest of the season has been.

-Ben/Flicka/Ryanaidsfart

Ben

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts