By Jonathan LaPaglia
Custom Posts Custom Custom
Hey @Jury ,

I will be starting your individual jury threads on Friday night after the Opening Statements are due. Feel free to begin drafting up your speeches now so you are ready to post. (In fact, you should do that, feel free to use your confessionals)

There are a couple of ground rules here.

#1. You cannot ask for really long lists of answers, ie: Give us an example of why you love each juror, Go through every player in the game and write a paragraph on their games, etc... Keep in mind there are eleven jurors and these guys have to answer each of them in-depth.

#2. Once you post your statements/questions you cannot ask further questions or statements. If at all possible, try to keep it to your opening speech and questions and then a "thank you" after they have answered. You will have the 90 minute live tribal on Sunday to cross-examine and ask further questions.

#3. Your deadline to submit your jury questions/statements is Saturday at 8c/9e pm. Once you post in your thread, I'll ask that you just make one post with your questions/statements to each of the final three if you have any, so please edit that post to exactly how you want it ahead of time. You have 24 hours to do that now so I recommend starting now :)

#4. You are allowed to tell the other jurors what questions you have just in case someone asks the same thing you want to.

#5. Please do not actively try to influence the other jurors here at ponderosa. You can argue the pros and cons of each point or critique their responses, but remember this is an individual vote and you should vote based on YOUR experience, not groupthink.

#6. You should leave a prevote in your confessionals, you can always change it up until the day it is due, but we like to have it just in case someone ghosts on the last day as has happened in the past. So please do that now.

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Sarah
Should we discuss what we want to ask here? I know its basic, but I want to ask them about what each of their biggest struggle was since they both seemed to have somewhat of an easy float along

Sarah

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Sarah
Sarah wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:37:55 am Should we discuss what we want to ask here? I know its basic, but I want to ask them about what each of their biggest struggle was since they both seemed to have somewhat of an easy float along
so we don't double ask of course

Sarah

• Jury
By Baden
First of all these guys are both tremendously lucky it's a final 2 because Ben and Sharn both would've absolutely slayed then both in f3 I think.

Like I said in my audio memo, if you guys were gonna make the mistake of putting me on the jury, I'd be sure to ask about who played the most active game.

Between Jarrad and David, who *did* more to not only evade being voted out, but also make sure that their targets were the next ones to go? Whether they succeeded or failed in those moves obviously isn't totally detrimental since they made the finals, but in the case of shortcomings, how did they bounce back and still manage to be on top?

I guess from my point of view, they've already Outlasted, but how did they each Outwit and Outplay 18 other people to get there?
Tegan, Sarah liked this

Baden

• Jury
By Sharn
My question for David will be personal to our relationship in the game.

Here's my question to Jarrad:
Jarrad: Can you briefly describe to me how you wanted the end game to generally go? i.e. who did you want in the F3/F2 with you. And if it didn't go as planned, why shouldn't the jury hold at it against you?
A lot of the game was obviously out of his control. I basically want him to admit this then argue against those of us in the jury, myself included, who respect more of an overt active playstyle with documented execution & success.

Sharn

• Jury
By Mat
As you could read previously. I was going to have to do some really mental gymnastics to justify voting Dave over Sharn or even Ben but I would have simply cause to me, loyalty is huge. Even if Sharn played better. But now this could not be an easier decision. I am just going to tear jarrads speech to shreds and idk maybe ask Dave a question.
Sarah liked this

Mat

• Jury
By Sharn
Yeah. My vote isn't up for grabs either at this point. I was much closer with David, and I respect his game way more than Jarrad's.

That being said, I do want to give Jarrad a chance to change someone's mind, and I know my question could give him that opportunity.
Sarah liked this

Sharn

• Jury
By Baden
Mat wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:58:39 pm As you could read previously. I was going to have to do some really mental gymnastics to justify voting Dave over Sharn or even Ben but I would have simply cause to me, loyalty is huge. Even if Sharn played better. But now this could not be an easier decision. I am just going to tear jarrads speech to shreds and idk maybe ask Dave a question.
If you wanna be really shady, ask David what kind of cake he wants for the winner party!
Sarah liked this

Baden

• Jury
By Baden
Sharn wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:01:50 pm Yeah. My vote isn't up for grabs either at this point. I was much closer with David, and I respect his game way more than Jarrad's.

That being said, I do want to give Jarrad a chance to change someone's mind, and I know my question could give him that opportunity.
And yeah, I feel the same. David's my current pick for the vote, but if he absolutely flops his questions and Jarrad can hold some accountability for himself, then there's always a chance to flip it.

Baden

• Jury
By Sarah
Baden wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:17:09 pm
Mat wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:58:39 pm As you could read previously. I was going to have to do some really mental gymnastics to justify voting Dave over Sharn or even Ben but I would have simply cause to me, loyalty is huge. Even if Sharn played better. But now this could not be an easier decision. I am just going to tear jarrads speech to shreds and idk maybe ask Dave a question.
If you wanna be really shady, ask David what kind of cake he wants for the winner party!
HAHA i love this
Baden liked this

Sarah

• Jury
By Baden
Sarah wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:30:49 pm
Baden wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:17:09 pm
HAHA i love this
Send him an image of the Grand Cake from the BFDI Finale, perhaps?

Baden

• Jury
By Tessa
Do we know when the threads are goin up for the Qs

Tessa

• Jury
By Nova
I'm in the same boat as a few of you. I'd really love to pretend that I'm super open-minded, but my game literally never really intersected with Jarrad's at all, whereas David and I had nothing but a positive relationship and rapport the entire time we were together. It'd be really hard for me to justify voting for Jarrad in light of that.

I'll probably ask them how they can best help contribute to my political takeover of the Australian government? Something fun and lighthearted to give them a break from all of the serious gameplay-oriented questions.
Baden, Kylie liked this

Nova

• Jury
By Baden
Wow, David's answers to Tegan's questions are SO GOOD! This part especially just rings so true for my entire MO:

"Instead, he voiced his displeasure afterwards in the fact that he didn't have agency in the game, and felt like people would see him having not influenced any decisions. You usually have to take some risks in order to avoid that from happening."

After the Tessa vote, I knew it was time for me to step up and try to shuffle things around. Had I flipped and played it safe, maybe I would've placed higher, bit I was *never* gonna win. Instead, I stood fast with the people I was most loyal to, and sent out that wake up call. I didn't make it much further after that, but almost everyone left in the game started playing hard, and Jarrad just kept being Jarrad.
Sarah, Sharn liked this

Baden

• Jury
By Daisy
Is the live tribal at 9p est or 8 i can’t find it😂😗

Daisy

• Jury