By Daisy
Please make your cases, good or bad, for David here.

Yes I'm a hoe for organization.

Daisy

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Sarah
David played double agent for a while before he was caught and then he ended up making choices of who to actually align with. He didn't fall into the whole side vs. side norm and played his own game. He's proven to be able to win challenges too.

HOWEVER voting Daisy out over Ben was the dumbest thing he could have done for his game.

Sarah

• Jury
By Mat
I'm waiting before diving deep into these as 2 more people will be joining us before its all said and done.

Mat

• Jury
By Tegan
I think David had a lot of potential in this game but may not have put it to much good use. I think he was viewed as expendable at times by one side and he was adored by another. He did manage to have decent relationships with everyone though, I just can't think of much he did. In my messages, they were mostly about him complaining about not having any agency in the game so it's a bit disappointing to see him finally get agency and then... blow it?

Tegan

• Jury
By Mat
Sounds like you and I have Jarrad and Dave flipped based on your cases for both. Dave was invaluable to me from the merge on as he fed me all of "the other sides info" which allowed me the freedom to start working with my side and pick you all off. Sarah/Kylie/Michelle/Daisy/Jarrad and I (until Kylie got chopped) all benefitted from his playing both sides and we knew what Sharn and Baden were up to nearly at all times.

Last night was not his finest hour until we hear the story, but I think he had to downplay his moves and status with again "the other side" so you all saw him as lost and a number to you. Until the big flip on the Tessa vote, which was huge in the first big merge battle. After Kylie got chopped he was my #1 and greatest ally. Sarah was amazing and my #2 and I would have only cut her for Dave. This is skewing more Mat centric, but I hope it sheds more light on how vital Dave was to me and the people I was playing with from Merge on.

How you see Jarrad, Tegan, I see Dave, minus we actually worked together really well where Jarrad let you get chopped when he could of worked to probably turn your vote off on Ben. So was he really that valuable for you? Was he the center of anything or just in the group? Did he make any decisive moves he can own other than not ratting out the Kylie vote and starting to find his lane to make a great endgame run...however a run that burned a lot of bridges. David is trying to make it to FTC with a chance to win. Jarrad is just trying to get there.

Mat

• Jury
By Michelle
Mat wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:56:42 pm
How you see Jarrad, Tegan, I see Dave, minus we actually worked together really well where Jarrad let you get chopped when he could of worked to probably turn your vote off on Ben. So was he really that valuable for you? Was he the center of anything or just in the group? Did he make any decisive moves he can own other than not ratting out the Kylie vote and starting to find his lane to make a great endgame run...however a run that burned a lot of bridges. David is trying to make it to FTC with a chance to win. Jarrad is just trying to get there.
lol yeah how you see jarrad is how i see david except im right and your wrong so its different
Baden, Daisy liked this

Michelle

• Jury
By Tegan
True I guess they have pretty similar cases but based on your argument of him having influence in the beginning of the merge, I only really see that as the first 3 merge rounds which were pretty pointless anyway and losing Tessa actually was arguably not a good move for him since she was loyal to him.

I honestly thought it was sharn leaking at first but it became obvious it was David which is why his influence ended when Tessa left because he then got left out of the blindside on Kylie
Michelle liked this

Tegan

• Jury
By Sharn
David's only mistake was going against me in the first place with y'alls little crew.

No, but seriously, I think David has played phenomenally. Where as Jarrad rode coattails and let things happen; I know David was pushing and prodding every chance he got while ACTIVELY putting himself in a position to not be targeted by aligning with Kylie/Mat's side as well as playing middle with me.

I actually don't think the Daisy vote was AS SMART for him as it was for me though now that I have hindsight. I was confident that I could argue my case against anyone. So my focus was on getting to the end. If David was planning to cut me RIGHT before the finale, then he would have likely failed with Jarrad/Ben against each other so hardcore at F4 and me winning the firemaking challenge. Who's to say though that Jarrad would have voted me out 3-1. I think he genuinely believed Ben to be the biggest jury threat.
Sarah, Kylie, Mat liked this

Sharn

• Jury
By Baden
I agree pretty much 100% with Sharn here. I think it was dumb of pretty much all of you guys to chop Daisy at 5, but at least David's path to the end had some agency that affected his position socially. I never got the pleasure of meeting Jarrad before the merge, but when I did, the parts that I saw of his entire strategic game pretty much boiled down to "Hide behind Kylie", "Hide behind Michelle", and "Hide behind David".

It's gonna come down to how these guys answer questions, I think, because I was never closely aligned with either of them strategically during the late stages of the game, and maybe there's more going on behind the scenes that only they can report.

Baden

• Jury
By Mat
Tegan wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:01:04 pm True I guess they have pretty similar cases but based on your argument of him having influence in the beginning of the merge, I only really see that as the first 3 merge rounds which were pretty pointless anyway and losing Tessa actually was arguably not a good move for him since she was loyal to him.

I honestly thought it was sharn leaking at first but it became obvious it was David which is why his influence ended when Tessa left because he then got left out of the blindside on Kylie
I think you make a lot of good points here Tegan. I am not deaf to solid opposition. Well said.

Mat

• Jury
By Sarah
Honestly it seems to me that Jarrads speech is full of delusions. He's taking credit where he doesn't get any. Like you purposely voted in minority for your game? No that's not a move lol. We all did the same. We all knew Kylie was an option too. Thats not an F2 worthy brag.

Also, I respect someone who was voted for and survived way more than someone whos never been voted for. I'm excited to see which struggles Jarrad has even faced in this game while he floated along.

David on the other hand, took risks and made it here by making his own decisions and actually having an impact in this game. His social game as well as his challenge game were both great. Just because he wasn't besties with everyone doesn't make him bad socially. He clearly socialized with the right people at the right time for his game. That is more difficult than "being friends with everyone so I secured my safety." Most of us here played the social game Jarrad played, being friends with everyone. He got lucky in the end that he was the goat to make it to the end. Unless Jarrad answers our questions phenomenally, I don't see myself voting for anyone other than David.

I wanted to go into this objectively (even if Daisy or Ben made it to F2 tbh) and I am since I was close with both of them. So there are my thoughts right now. 😅

Sarah

• Jury