By Mat
Oh totally and I get that for sure, but explain to me the why, just cause you like him?

Mat

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Michelle
Tegan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:57:28 pm Ben: I didn't know him very well in the game and I think he played a big role in my elimination? (I don't really know what happened there tbh?) But he seemed to of played a big role in it and he's playing a big role moving forward with idols and immunities, so it's pretty impressive to see. I think after Jarrad, he has a good shot at my vote.
honestly tegan your vote was so wild i still dont know the full story of how you ended up going but i do know that ben was one of the people who wanted you out and then all of a sudden you were gone

......and then he got the idol from taking you out that he then he used that idol as protection in the double and then played it to take out sarah and then when he lost the f7 challenge somehow stayed and then made it thru f6 to take out another threat so from F10~F6 Ben has been in power.... his social game is alright we werent close but he always made me like him so if he somehow makes it to the end id be impressed... id be way more impressed if he could somehow do it without having to win these last 2 challenges of course but we'll see :rofl:

Michelle

• Jury
By Mat
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:07:19 am
Tegan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:57:28 pm Ben: I didn't know him very well in the game and I think he played a big role in my elimination? (I don't really know what happened there tbh?) But he seemed to of played a big role in it and he's playing a big role moving forward with idols and immunities, so it's pretty impressive to see. I think after Jarrad, he has a good shot at my vote.
honestly tegan your vote was so wild i still dont know the full story of how you ended up going but i do know that ben was one of the people who wanted you out and then all of a sudden you were gone

......and then he got the idol from taking you out that he then he used that idol as protection in the double and then played it to take out sarah and then when he lost the f7 challenge somehow stayed and then made it thru f6 to take out another threat so from F10~F6 Ben has been in power.... his social game is alright we werent close but he always made me like him so if he somehow makes it to the end id be impressed... id be way more impressed if he could somehow do it without having to win these last 2 challenges of course but we'll see :rofl:
Agree with all of this. I think it went Tegan over Ben as we knew Ben was dangerous, but kinda where he stood so him getting the idol we "knew" what he would do with it (we were WAY OFF). Tegan was great with everyone and thus a bigger threat at that point in the game. So it was me vs Tegan/Ben early in the vote and I think enough people started talking Ben vs Tegan and my name disappeared and the vote Tegan out movement started and Ben was direct in "we should take out Tegan" which was easier to get behind than Tegan cryptic "I could see myself doing that" messages. Also I was told that Tegan was making the push to take me out, so for me personally that is what dictated my vote that round.

Ben has really really turned it on.
Michelle liked this

Mat

• Jury
By Michelle
I kept saying Ben's name at the Tegan vote but then Mat, Sharn& Jarrad all whispered to me with 60 seconds left that all the votes were on Tegan :( i think people thought me&tegan were close after pulling the kylie vote but we really weren't close at all before that i just thought ben would be the better option lmao
Tegan liked this

Michelle

• Jury
By Michelle
Mat wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:01:45 am Oh totally and I get that for sure, but explain to me the why, just cause you like him?
jarrad is playing the game i wanted to play... always in the know, in a good position, covered on all sides, good with everyone, getting information from everyone to then use to figure out what he wants to do.. i got a lot of my information from jarrad.... in our partnership i dont see it as me dragging him i had a lot of convos with him where i got to see him strategizing and trying to plan out whats best for his own game!!

Maybe I just got to see more of his game and you got to see more of davids game but i thought jarrad was playing better than me at the start of the merge... and then the kylie vote he was in on but voted with yall to keep that connection..... and then we were all thrown off by sarah.... and then he was left out of my vote but he seems to have recovered well with probably one of the best shots to make it to f3 besides daisy lol

Michelle

• Jury
By Michelle
Tegan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:57:28 pm Sharn: I love Sharn! I feel like she is played a great Sandra Diaz-Twine game and if it's not her getting the boot, she's cool with it; she's all about self-preservation. I've respected her game a lot and I think she could be a real contender depending on who she's at the end with. She's clearly playing strategically with her powers and she's always been social with people on opposite sides of the fence which I think is commendable.
Sharn is more than just "anyone but me" shes a cut throat bitch who took all my money then stabbed me in the back!!!!! and then used the advantage i helped her get to stab mat in the back after working with him to stab me in the back..... she's evil!!!!!
she's doing great though :rofl: if it works out for her i think she'd be a really good winner for this season
Tessa, Tegan, Mat liked this

Michelle

• Jury
By Mat
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:28:03 am
Mat wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:01:45 am Oh totally and I get that for sure, but explain to me the why, just cause you like him?
jarrad is playing the game i wanted to play... always in the know, in a good position, covered on all sides, good with everyone, getting information from everyone to then use to figure out what he wants to do.. i got a lot of my information from jarrad.... in our partnership i dont see it as me dragging him i had a lot of convos with him where i got to see him strategizing and trying to plan out whats best for his own game!!

Maybe I just got to see more of his game and you got to see more of davids game but i thought jarrad was playing better than me at the start of the merge... and then the kylie vote he was in on but voted with yall to keep that connection..... and then we were all thrown off by sarah.... and then he was left out of my vote but he seems to have recovered well with probably one of the best shots to make it to f3 besides daisy lol
We found out he was in on the Kylie vote. Which is prob why I’m salty for him saying my betrayal is the reason he voted for me. Cause he fired the first shot.

Mat

• Jury
By Kylie
Mat wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:42:41 am We found out he was in on the Kylie vote. Which is prob why I’m salty for him saying my betrayal is the reason he voted for me. Cause he fired the first shot.
How did you find out? Did he say why?

Was there any talk of the remaining Bananas sticking together after I left? How did that go down?

Was he left out of Michelle's vote? What did he want to do instead?

Kylie

• Jury
By Kylie
Mat wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:22:11 am
Kylie wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:43:04 pm
Mat wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:50:02 pm I cant wait. I hope they are all viscous
Uh, sure man, I hope for your sake they're all thick and sticky too. icon_drinks
I used viscous and not vicious. I think we were going for think and sticky last night though.
Maybe, I do know that think and sticky is the argument my brain conducted with itself after some of those long nights. Think brain!!! Can't... STICKY!! :sob: :sob: :sob:

Kylie

• Jury
By Mat
Kylie wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:09:21 am
Mat wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:42:41 am We found out he was in on the Kylie vote. Which is prob why I’m salty for him saying my betrayal is the reason he voted for me. Cause he fired the first shot.
How did you find out? Did he say why? Sharn told Dave, I never addressed it with him, looks like I should have to get us on the same footing since he didn't know I knew. I think he was ok with you going and it gave him a chance to play double agent.

Was there any talk of the remaining Bananas sticking together after I left? How did that go down?
Yes of course, but Dave and I knew Jarrad was double dipping, but we were so down in numbers after Sarah going, not much we could really do at all. Jarrad played dead for 2-3 rounds and was all woah is me I have no chance to win. I think there was a chance we saw a team vote last night, but that might be super naive of me and I woulda gone out 4-2 instead of a 3-3 tie. Not sure.

Yes, he was left out, Ben. There was a very bit possibility in my eyes that if he knew that Michelle was going, Ben/Daisy/Michelle/Jarrad flip it to us, so he had to be blindsided as he was clearly more about protecting Michelle than Dave or me at that point. I think I was in trouble if Michelle or Ben went really now that I have a better perspective. Either Sharn rallys the votes to get me out or Michelle/Sharn would have. What Jarrad really would have done remains a mystery.

I dont mind being betrayed by him, I mean it sucks but that is what we signed up for, but the first half of this message is a reason to me to never vote for him/you, Jarrard, anyone that plays the "Its time for me to start playing for me" when they have been the whole time. As well as the, "Its time for me to start playing." That is lame IMO, call me salty sure, but don't you ain't gotta lie to kick it Jarrad. Own it, dont hide from it. Sharn owned the move and is super authentic, which I respect way more

Mat

• Jury
By Michelle
Mat wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:21:15 am
Kylie wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:09:21 am
Yes, he was left out, Ben. There was a very bit possibility in my eyes that if he knew that Michelle was going, Ben/Daisy/Michelle/Jarrad flip it to us, so he had to be blindsided as he was clearly more about protecting Michelle than Dave or me at that point. I think I was in trouble if Michelle or Ben went really now that I have a better perspective. Either Sharn rallys the votes to get me out or Michelle/Sharn would have. What Jarrad really would have done remains a mystery.
ughhhhhh if jarrad had an idea i was going i do think he would have told me and i would have used my idol and taken out ben then i would have been the obvious boot at f6 if i didnt win but even if i did win i probably would have went for david out of fear he could beat me in a challenge

Michelle

• Jury
By Mat
Yep and had we known about the idol the blindside would have been doubly justified as he was more loyal to you than anyone. Crazy you had that in your back pocket and no one knew. I found it strange that JP was asking for idols each tribal when there were none...Clearly they were still in play.

Mat

• Jury
By Baden
Maybe it's because I never met him before merge but I've literally never seen Jarrad as a factor in the game. I always pegged him as a +1 to Kylie, then to Michelle, as someone who made the actual threats more threatening. He was an ideal goat for me to take to maybe f4 and chop right before the end in case of a bitter jury because I know my game wasn't the most popular.

David is complicated for me because he actually has made moves, but from my admittedly somewhat biased point of view I was never able to tell if those moves were *his* best option, or someone else's best option that he was fueling. The longer he stays, the more changes he has to make things right, but I wanna hear the story from his point of view before I make my decision.

Ben was never a major threat in my eyes until the Tegan vote, where I realized just how strong social he is. He's playing a very well rounded game and honestly could win the whole thing. I'm excited to see how he plays these last couple days!

Daisy. Love her, adore her, she's my sister, she's my bestie, ain't no way she wins this thing in a million years. After voting me out, I'm genuinely shocked you guys bothered trying to get her out too because honestly, she did so little strategizing of her own and was just a more emotional counterpart to the more calculated gameplay I tried to have. She was a good sounding board for me trying to hatch some plans, but even though I spent so much time with her in the game, I honestly can't tell you one thing that *Daisy* has done, as opposed to happening *to* her, that she can point to and take credit for.

If it was a final five FTC with no time to ask questions and votes were due in five seconds, honestly I think she's mine. She was a lot sneakier with her connections that's I realized until after the fact, and despite being in the minority early on in the merge, she's come really far and pulled off a couple of gorgeous plays that set herself up nicely to take it home. Her best bet I think is to drag Daisy and Jarrad along and sweep this thing.

Baden

• Jury
By Mat
Baden wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:00:38 pm Maybe it's because I never met him before merge but I've literally never seen Jarrad as a factor in the game. I always pegged him as a +1 to Kylie, then to Michelle, as someone who made the actual threats more threatening. He was an ideal goat for me to take to maybe f4 and chop right before the end in case of a bitter jury because I know my game wasn't the most popular. He was the guard dog to the bigger threats, but if all the big threats go, he might be left standing on the rubble all alone.

David is complicated for me because he actually has made moves, but from my admittedly somewhat biased point of view I was never able to tell if those moves were *his* best option, or someone else's best option that he was fueling. The longer he stays, the more changes he has to make things right, but I wanna hear the story from his point of view before I make my decision. Hope he makes it, cant wait to hear his story. Not saying he has played the best, but he has played so hard and in an uncomfortable spot

Ben was never a major threat in my eyes until the Tegan vote, where I realized just how strong social he is. He's playing a very well rounded game and honestly could win the whole thing. I'm excited to see how he plays these last couple days!
Everything is true but the social aspect, but your social can lack when you are 10/10 in all other parts of your game. If he boots Sharn...damn. If Ben and Sharn end up at the end together, they both made mistakes.

Daisy. Love her, adore her, she's my sister, she's my bestie, ain't no way she wins this thing in a million years. After voting me out, I'm genuinely shocked you guys bothered trying to get her out too because honestly, she did so little strategizing of her own and was just a more emotional counterpart to the more calculated gameplay I tried to have. She was a good sounding board for me trying to hatch some plans, but even though I spent so much time with her in the game, I honestly can't tell you one thing that *Daisy* has done, as opposed to happening *to* her, that she can point to and take credit for.
This was an attempted goat slaughter move (not you Baden). Goat or no, her vote still counts and I think she was an easy vote to rally on after a tough double tribal. She might not see another vote the rest of this game.

Sharn? if so I agree
If it was a final five FTC with no time to ask questions and votes were due in five seconds, honestly I think she's mine. She was a lot sneakier with her connections that's I realized until after the fact, and despite being in the minority early on in the merge, she's come really far and pulled off a couple of gorgeous plays that set herself up nicely to take it home. Her best bet I think is to drag Daisy and Jarrad along and sweep this thing.

Mat

• Jury
By Mat
Sarah wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:21:48 pm Was Ben really that social lol? Talking to him was like watching paint dry for me.
I think he fell into the trap of only communicating openly with people he was working with and it could end up costing him. Jury management Ben!
Sarah liked this

Mat

• Jury
By Sarah
Mat wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:43:51 pm
I think he fell into the trap of only communicating openly with people he was working with and it could end up costing him. Jury management Ben!
Luckily for him he was also a challenge threat so Id probably still vote him over Daisy or Jarrad even if we never talked.
Mat liked this

Sarah

• Jury